RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: No shots...not getting in.

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > No shots...not getting in.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Honestly. Shouldn't it be a personal choice?
It is. Best of luck to them without the vaccine.


Agree to a point. But since they lived thru the worst part, and didn't get it. There is a better than good chance they won't and in truth it is 99 percent survivable for most people.
Then there is the ones that did have it and now have immunity because of it. They don't need the vaccine. Or so the doctors say.


Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers


Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pennysmom09 wrote:

I am fully vaccinated, my personal choice. However, there have been no long time tests to prove it is safe, so I wouldn’t criticize anyone who is Leary of it. Just because millions have agreed to it and a small percentage have bad reactions, no one knows what the long time effect will be. There is usually a 3:to 5 year trial period to vaccines, this one only has months. So I understand why many people aren’t willing to chance it. Just because our governments have taken a gestapo like approach to it doesn’t mean it is safe.


Exactly

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 07/08/21 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2, bgum.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad


pennysmom09

Delaware

Senior Member

Joined: 02/06/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.


It’s not a “personal choice” if you say if you don’t take the shot you cannot go anywhere.


Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW


Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.


So you are saying your vaccination didn't work? That the covid shot is useless? Because if you have had it, and it works. It doesn't matter if someone beside of you has had it or not. IF it works. You are protected. How are they endangering your health?

That you don't believe it works is the very reason most are not getting it. Why get it, if it doesn't work?

agesilaus

North Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Honestly. Shouldn't it be a personal choice? We have had ours. But we weren't forced. Isn't that what freedom is all about. After all, if you are vaccinated, you are safe. Well if it works. So by trying to force others to be vaccinated. Aren't you really saying you don't trust your vaccination?
And if you don't think your vaccination worked, why would you think someone else's did? Them being vaccinated makes you no safer. So why worry about their choice?


I'm not for forcing folks to be vaccinated, especially since herd immunity seems to have been achieved. On the other hand I agree with the policy of no vaccination no school, or if employers demands the jab then no jab no job.
As Eisenhower may have said, the public (he said army) is like a mass of cooked spaghetti, you can't get behind and push you have to get in front an pull. Door to door gestapo inspections aren't pulling.

The idea that your neighbor needs to get the jab to protect you is wrong, if you are worried get the jab yourself and be protected. It doesn't matter what others do. The same hogwash was h tried over forcing people to wear masks.


Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper


JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Honestly. Shouldn't it be a personal choice?
It is. Best of luck to them without the vaccine.


Agree to a point. But since they lived thru the worst part, and didn't get it. There is a better than good chance they won't and in truth it is 99 percent survivable for most people.
Then there is the ones that did have it and now have immunity because of it. They don't need the vaccine. Or so the doctors say.


Some of the variants are making the original virus look like hay-fever.

It is hop-scotching over double vaccinated folks and previously infected (and recovered) folks like it’s a completely different bug.

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

Moderator

Joined: 08/22/2002

View Profile



Posted: 07/08/21 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please keep the discussion relative to crossing the border for RVing or camping!

Moderators

agesilaus

North Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PackerBacker wrote:

Please keep the discussion relative to crossing the border for RVing or camping!

Moderators


Right back to the subject: Their country, their rules. Don't like it, stay home. I was interested to see that this month's Escapade has three "Going to Alaska' seminars planned.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > No shots...not getting in.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.