RV.Net Open Roads Forum: College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In a matter of seven weeks, we'll be watching college football and I'm literally chomping at the bit for the season to start with Football Stadiums filled to the MAX!!!

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see your back, Bagman, you were sort of MIA! Now you can start to give us the daily OSU updates.

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes bagman, you have been missed lately! I thought you would have been giving us at least weekly thought during the CWS. Looks like the SEC continues to romp over the rest of the free world in dominating College sports... Your thoughts are graciously welcomed.....

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/21 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talking about College football, I am not sure I like all of this "transfer portal" stuff going on in college sports. Players really don't have to make a commitment to a school anymore. Don't like your playing time, pick up and go somewhere else. I have to check the roster once a month just to try to keep up with changes on a team....

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher, I like who your QB signed on with the NIL. Pet Smart, good choice for both parties.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 05:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With my weakened immune system and no antibodies after being vaccinated my Doc told me not to go into Michigan stadium for the games! I have been to 311 games there. I own a house 1 block from the 50 yard line and park cars on the lawn. The house I rent out. I have multiple myeloma and had a stem cell transplant a year ago which wiped out my immune system. I wonder if these crowds with no masks and stronger variants (Delta) will become super spreader events. Sure hope not.

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steveh27, sounds like a good reason to stay home and watch Tv... I am 71, bad knees, had quad bypass several years ago, arthritic joint plus my tired bony butt does not like sitting in those hard seats in stadiums. Used to love going to all types of sporting events, but finally gave it up. Give me a big screen TV, big plate of hot wings and Diet Coke and I am satisfied. Its he!! getting old.....

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see you back on the forum Bags!
What is your opinion of my Tigers this year? QB play is my greatest concern.
Orgeron is on the hot seat this year and it will take a great effort from the Tigers for the fans to get that bitter taste of last season out of their mouths.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To steveh27, I will be praying for you. Your health is the most important battle you have right now! Always try to be positive and I understand! CharlieD, I've had a rough 6 months as I have gone under the knife (3) times in 3 months. However, No COVID in our home and No COVID for our son and daughter, and No COVID where I work! Just lucky I guess! Charlie, I have no idea what is going on in Baton Rouge, but you my very good friend is the LSU Tiger expert! Best to ALL you college football fans!!!

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, Bags! You're still on the green side of the grass! Great to see you, buddy. Gonna be an interesting year, no matter who wins out, eh? Looks like every contender except Oklahoma has lots of questions to answer before it all gets sorted out.

As for those Buckeyes, we'll get answers to some of them in week two, if they aren't answered in week one. Two good teams in the first two weeks -- not the way most contenders like to start the season. My prediction is that the loser of the week two game can still make the playoffs as long as they end with that being their only loss. You just don't want it to be your team that takes that "L."

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.