|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Is Lance the “gold” standard

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 01:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go look at Nash or Arctic Fox trailers. They cost a little more and weigh a little more, but they're great trailers.

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

RetiredRealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO, there are NO mass-produced RV's worthy of a 'gold standard' designation. Everything is pretty much built from relatively low quality components -- enough to get the job done, but nothing ever over-the-top. And of course, we as Americans, are not going to pay the price for an RV that might truly be the gold standard, because there's too much other stuff on the market that, on the surface, looks just fine and will serve our needs until something goes wrong or falls apart due to the materials and workmanship we've settled for --- then we can get on this forum and bellyache about it! [emoticon]

Happy travels!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

IMO, there are NO mass-produced RV's worthy of a 'gold standard' designation. Everything is pretty much built from relatively low quality components -- enough to get the job done, but nothing ever over-the-top. And of course, we as Americans, are not going to pay the price for an RV that might truly be the gold standard, because there's too much other stuff on the market that, on the surface, looks just fine and will serve our needs until something goes wrong or falls apart due to the materials and workmanship we've settled for --- then we can get on this forum and bellyache about it! [emoticon]

Happy travels!

You won't here me bellyache about my APEX. It has done everything I bought it for, with minimal maint, as did my 2004 Pioneer. I bought them to camp in, to keep me dry, and to follow me around. and they both did it with no protest.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

RetiredRealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Happy travels!

You won't here me bellyache about my APEX. It has done everything I bought it for, with minimal maint, as did my 2004 Pioneer. I bought them to camp in, to keep me dry, and to follow me around. and they both did it with no protest.

OK, There's one vote for the "I'm 100% happy with the quality of what I bought" column . . . . . any others?

ISBRAM

Denver, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Happy travels!

OK, There's one vote for the "I'm 100% happy with the quality of what I bought" column . . . . . any others?

I have to say that we are 100% happy with the quality of the used Airstream we bought this winter. We have owned several trailers and two truck campers in the past. Our last truck camper made by Hallmark was also far above run of the mill quality and the resale value after 10 years reflected that.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2013 Airstream International 25FB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are looking for short and narrow then Bigfoot, Arctic Fox and Nash are out as they are all 8 ft. wide or wider. Short and narrow with extreme build quality; look at Escape or Oliver, but not inexpensive.

An R-Pod might fit your needs. Built in Oregon and the quality seems pretty good.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it's worth, I've been happy with my two Fun Finder/Cruiser RV trailers. They are not perfect, but they have been rugged and reliable. And they are much less expensive than some other brands. Dollar for dollar, I am satisfied.

But they don't look as great as an Airstream. [emoticon]

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

RetiredRealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now I just have to wait for some owners of Thor products to join in!

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

For what it's worth, I've been happy with my two Fun Finder/Cruiser RV trailers. They are not perfect, but they have been rugged and reliable. And they are much less expensive than some other brands. Dollar for dollar, I am satisfied.

But they don't look as great as an Airstream. [emoticon]

But I bet they have more room in them. airstreams are pretty cramped.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

I'm 100% satisfied with my 2004 Sunnybrook 30FKS travel trailer purchase. It was used extensively for about 15 or 16 years traveling all over and back and forth between either Florida and Michigan or Texas and Michigan each winter. It is still being used by us today for our "summer place" but is not traveling anymore. The trailer is willing but the old man ain't or can't![emoticon]. Can't ask for anything better than that![emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Is Lance the “gold” standard
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.