|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
homerbw

Galveston

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Waited for service 1.5 hours while automated text message indicated Good Sam was trying to find a service provider. After one hour no more text and after another 30 min. I googled how to do repairs and took care of jumping my 2010 Toyota Prius on my own. My roadside assistance now worries me as this could be a serious issue when traveling in my motor home. I fear Good Sam is not at fault for trying to find a service provider, my fear is that there are not any service providers.

2000 Pace Arrow Vision 36B, F53, 275hp Triton V10

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on where you were , you could have an issue finding someone that wants to deal with a hybrid. But Good Sam is a business, and they want to find you the cheapest service they could, which may have complicated it even more.
Glad you got back on the road anyhow.

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on where you are, any carrier might have a problem getting someone to you. My experience has shown that most of the roadside assistance companies use the same list of service providers. If there are none near you, there are none to answer the need.
Another reason to have basic tools and be able to use them.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No providers or no providers willing to come out for what GS pays?
I would ask for a refund for failure to provide agreed service.
Suspect if you had searched for service you could have found something.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

homerbw

Galveston

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll, I believe you might have hit on the truth. I now wonder if paying higher price for another roadside assistance provider might be a good idea. My Good Sam is coming due soon and this gives me pause.

Lwiddis

Near Mammoth, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Jumping” is low pay work. They’ll take the tow over you every time.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello homerbw,

Thank you for your post. I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Can you please send us a PM with your membership number as well as best contact number and I will share your concerns with the leadership team and request they follow up.

Thank you,
Melissa
Good Sam Response Team

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its all about location and how busy they are. In the last 30 years I've changed around three flats and needed a couple jump starts. Always managed it on my own even with road side coverage, so I dropped the service. The wait was not worth it, but one day I may wish I had it! Who knows. Those little jump batteries are useful too for the cars and I always carry jumper cables!

homerbw

Galveston

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sagebrush like you I try to be proactive when it comes to roadside repairs but this time it was on my Hybrid Prius which had me a little nervous about trying to jump start it. On newer vehicles I have heard sensors can be damaged with jump starts. On the Prius you have to remove the entire trunk area and everything in it to reach the battery and I am handicapped. Making matters worse the hatchback remains locked without 12 volts preventing easy access to the trunk area.

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

homerbw wrote:

Sagebrush like you I try to be proactive when it comes to roadside repairs but this time it was on my Hybrid Prius which had me a little nervous about trying to jump start it. On newer vehicles I have heard sensors can be damaged with jump starts. On the Prius you have to remove the entire trunk area and everything in it to reach the battery and I am handicapped. Making matters worse the hatchback remains locked without 12 volts preventing easy access to the trunk area.

Sounds like you have figured out, the Hybred or ev garbage doesn't always fix problems, it just changes them into NEW problems.
Anyhow, glad your safe.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.