|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2022 F350 order options for TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Fish mojo

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting close to pulling the trigger on ordering a new F350 and getting back into a TC. Not going with any super heavy TC's like the Host or EC, so F450 not needed.

I definitely have made the commitment for a DRW, Ford F350 Lariat trim.
Getting a 4x4 Supercab to reduce overall length as we rarely have other passengers. 7.3 gas motor with 4.30 differential.

Some options I'm looking at:
Camper package (of course)
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera with back up assist (frequently towing a 19' boat)
Lariat Value Package
Skid plates (no FX4 needed)
A/T tires
Upfitter switches (no plan for use, nice to have in case...)
factory spray in bed liner
Rain sensing wipers/ heated steering wheel

That's about it. Probably passing on adaptive steering. I hear they are not building orders with this and not cheap.

What about the 5th wheel/ gooseneck prep? it gives you an additional crossmember in the bed and the 7 pin connector in the bed- $500.

What about the Trailer TPMS/Customer placed trailer camera- does this enable the TC camera to show up on the screen without an additional monitor? $725.

looking for feedback before placing the order. Thanks.

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“ Getting a 4x4 Supercab…”

Sit in the rear of a Supercab before you decide..tight! Cuts in cab storage too.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a F350SRW Supercab and now a F450 CrewCab. Think again about the Crew cab. It’a ton of room you will be giving up and in addition, you have to work around most TC front overhang which will get nailed by your radio antenna. Sure, there is a workaround by buying a short antenna from American Muscle, but you still lose a lot of space and have to open two doors to access the rear seat.

Camera Sources sells a lot of cameras that will help even with the TC on. I don’t think the Ford option is that usable with a TC.

I would buy the tires you want aftermarket. I’m not getting rain sensing wipers since it rains all of the time on the Westside of Oregon and not at all on the Eastside.

Unless you plan on using gooseneck trailerl I’d pass on the gooseneck prep. It locks you into a propreitary system.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

toddb

az

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Adaptive cruise control

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The heated steering wheel and the rain sensing wipers are a nice combo. WRT rain sensing wipers it's not only the amount of rain that's falling it's driving at varying speeds necessitating constant adjustments of wiper speeds that is avoided w the rain sensing feature.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The heated and cooled seats in the Lariat Trim are a must have

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you quizzed a dealer about ordering? Mine says up to 6 months on delivery after order.

mbloof

Beaverton, OR

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

- my Lariat does not have a heated steering wheel - miss having one
- my Ford Escape has the Adaptive cruse control - miss having it on my Truck
- mine came with heated telescopic/folding mirrors - I like them
- I also have the in dash navigation system - I like it
- I have a Super cab - I did not want the extra wheel base of a crew cab

I had a RV dealer install a 7pin outlet in the bed - drivers side near the front as well as install the Torqlift tie down brackets.

- Mark0.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I order new truck for my big camper back in 2017 and it was fun.
Not only I got the options precisely meeting my needs, but I saved money for not getting what I had no use for.
So my options were as follow
-Supercab
-360 cameras, where trailer view was perfect for backing up under camper
-ultimate trailer package blind spot radars did not work with camper wings, so turned waste of money
-Lariant as they would not build King Ranch with supercab
-bed mat worked perfectly with camper
-aux electric cabin heater. Even in Las Vegas found it nice on couple of cold mornings. But that forced 2nd alternator, so some $$
Camper package on dually was giving only stronger FRONT sway bar, when my camper was actually taking load from front, so that made no sense to me at all.
I did not need 4WD and ordering diesel I choose the lowest differential ration with LSD. Diesel has such huge torque, that I wish I could order even lower differential ratio.
Was on the fence on uplifter switches, but the bad look made me skipping them and they were not missed.
My truck come with lane change warning, what was more annoying than help, but loved TPMS and remote engine start, who would work 1/4 miles across Walmart parking lot - very nice in 120F weather.
If you tow a trailer beside carrying TC, you might want the additional camera with TPMS. I think you can buy them later?
For my camper I removed the camera from tailgate and placed it on camper.

Fish mojo

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Have you quizzed a dealer about ordering? Mine says up to 6 months on delivery after order.

Yes, we are aware of the lead time and supply issues. I really don’t have any big expectations until next spring. Thank you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2022 F350 order options for TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.