|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Possible Canada boarder opening mid August

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I deleted several posts that are considered trolling. Please keep the discussion to the OP’s topic about the possible border reopening to fully vaccinated travellers.

Posts were also deleted that referenced those deleted.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/21 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe, X2 on being hopeful, but not much more than that. Canadian friends want to cross the border into US around October, but I couldn't give them much encouragement. The Prime Minister's words in the article sound positive, but I tried to find some corresponding words from the US Department of Homeland Security; the only thing I found was that the US border is closed until July 21 and may be extended. With some of the border states to Canada with low vaccination rates and preferring to adsorb disinformation regarding vaccines rather than scientific information from the Center for Disease Conteol (CDC), this situation creates a breeding ground for the Covid Delta variant. If those particular states depend heavily on cross-border Canadian commerce, opening the US border adjacent to these low-vaccinated states would be a reward to those states; our US agencies are going to have to employ some "carrot and stick" game to get them to the pharmacist. As an example, the state of Ohio offered free college education lotteries, and the young people crowded into the kiosks to get their shots.

mockturtle

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/21 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hard to be 'hopeful' when the goalposts keep moving. [emoticon]
There was a time last fall/winter when my next-door neighbors, snowbirds from BC, kept thinking every month they were going to get to go south to their winter home. They'd get their hopes up and no dice. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 07/16/21 08:01pm by mockturtle *

2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/21 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I hear with the crowding of the RV parks and campgrounds due to increased RV interest by the newer RVers there may not be room for them even in winter time. Just musing

Former GS member and retired Acct & SEC CFP

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The interesting part of this will be if they want proof of vaccine before you enter Canada, just what will that “proof” document look like?
Stay safe out there.
Soup

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/21 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sidehill, so far, the powers that be has indicated that the US wants no part of a uniform vaccination identification program among countries. In addition, they say it would be too hard to police and gain cooperation from other countries. Sounds good though in an ideal world.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Uniform vaccine identification program will never work in my opinion. Nor should we want it (also my opinion). What's to stop "the world" from using that process for other things. Slippery slope to world policing.

I think the vaccine cards we get when we get our vaccine should be enough to prove vaccine. Sure, someone can maybe buy a fake one, but the number of people who would do that would be small.

I hope the border opens up soon. Tourism has taken a big hit, and the industry can use the relief.

And PackerBacker - hope you get to see your RV soon. Hope it held up to the elements for the past two years.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Uniform vaccine identification program will never work in my opinion. Nor should we want it (also my opinion). What's to stop "the world" from using that process for other things. Slippery slope to world policing.

I think the vaccine cards we get when we get our vaccine should be enough to prove vaccine. Sure, someone can maybe buy a fake one, but the number of people who would do that would be small.

I hope the border opens up soon. Tourism has taken a big hit, and the industry can use the relief.

And PackerBacker - hope you get to see your RV soon. Hope it held up to the elements for the past two years.

Mike

I agree, people that are going to cross the boarder into Canada have to use a Passport.( same for USA)
If they spend the money and time to acquire a passport and then use a counterfeit immunization card / document at the boarder, that means they will most likely get a Red Card and get booted from the game so to speak.
Using a counterfeit document at a federal facility like at the Boarder & Customs crossings in this case for either country, can’t be a good thing... in my thinkin anyways.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/21 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all of you vacationers think you have it bad, it seems the residents of Point Roberts have it worse. It is a unique location, that land travel to the the rest of the US, requires travel through Canada.

Point Roberts

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Mike

Thanks [emoticon]

… Eric

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Possible Canada boarder opening mid August
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.