|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Walmart selling LiFePo4 batteries $539

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

At these prices LFP will surely start making a dent in the wet cell market..
Perhaps, but, as with all products, they keep making them cheaper and cheaper until they have too many failures. Then people start complaining about how Li's aren't worth a darn.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully by the time Lithium cell quality has gotten too bad some of the more promising “next generation “ batteries will be available. Solid state sodium, perhaps. My crystal ball is a bit foggy on that, but stay tuned . . . .

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

and if just one of the lower cost batteries inside the case has an issue, then what? LI fires are hot and nearly impossible to extinguish.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Gdetrailer,

Yes, I thought it was being backed up by Walmart.

GD is basically correct, they kind of operate like Amazon. But, every once in a while they have a great deal I can't pass up and I just have it shipped to the local store for free. Don't know what their return policy is but it's assume it's pretty liberal like their in store returns. Never had to return anything. I think you can do returns at the store but somebody should check me on that.

They had a smoking deal on the Carlisle Radial Trailer tires I purchased for my old trailer a couple years ago. Discount Tire is right next door so they matched the price.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

and if just one of the lower cost batteries inside the case has an issue, then what? LI fires are hot and nearly impossible to extinguish.
LFP is not prone to the exciting thermal runaway you see on the latest Tesla fire.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Gdetrailer,

GD is basically correct, they kind of operate like Amazon. But, every once in a while they have a great deal I can't pass up and I just have it shipped to the local store for free. Don't know what their return policy is but it's assume it's pretty liberal like their in store returns. Never had to return anything. I think you can do returns at the store but somebody should check me on that.

They had a smoking deal on the Carlisle Radial Trailer tires I purchased for my old trailer a couple years ago. Discount Tire is right next door so they matched the price.

Twice previous I have ordered from a third party vendor and Walmart excepted the return as if it was purchased in store.

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Gdetrailer,

That has not been our experience. The return process with third party sellers has been a headache compared to returning third party seller purchases to Amazon.

We no longer purchase from Walmart.com if the seller is a third party. We have made several purchases from third party sellers on Walmart.com and have not had a good experience. One time, we got the item in the 2 day time frame, but we could NOT return the item to our local Walmart. They started the return process for us, but they told us we had to go home, print out the label, put it on the package and have it shipped back to the seller.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ebay’s alleged ‘Money Back Guarantee’ exist but is patterned after another infamous program that claimed folks would be purchasing a popular form of insurance but ended up without coverage…

Because of finding this out the hard way (twice!), I never again use Ebay…

3 tons

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/21 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have bought stuff from Amazon, Ebay and Walmart.com. The only problem was with a coil for my genset that I bought on Amazon from a 3rd party. The coil was bad right out of the box, after several emails from the seller telling me I ruined the coil and would not return my money, I called Amazon and my money was returned, but not without a lot of frustration. For my needs a $539 Li battery is still not cost effective. Maybe in a couple of years it might.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Walmart selling LiFePo4 batteries $539
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.