|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wiskeyVI

All Over

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/21 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

The economies of North America will not survive 1.5
years of lock downs and closed borders. I am a retired businessman and every time I see a boarded up restaurant or hotel I could cry. An entrepreneur puts his bheart and soul into a businessb. When it is shut down that person becomes a broken man or woman. Probably will never start another business. A lost opportunity.

That's the point of all this!

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/21 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All true. Imagine how many businesses shut down in 1918 just after WWI attempting to recover not to mention all the lives lost.

We will recover, business will return. What won't return are the millions who have died, and those that will suffer long-term illnesses.

Why do we keep forgetting this? If we had worked together instead of against each other, this wouldn't have turned out this way.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

The economies of North America will not survive 1.5
years of lock downs and closed borders. I am a retired businessman and every time I see a boarded up restaurant or hotel I could cry. An entrepreneur puts his bheart and soul into a businessb. When it is shut down that person becomes a broken man or woman. Probably will never start another business. A lost opportunity.

I just finished road trip from Cancun - Los Angeles. All over So. Cal businesses are boarded up and the homeless live in the doorways. They won't invest here again after being put out of business by government.

These folks have lowered their standard of living and well continue living off of free government money. Hell, I haven't lived in the States for 20 years and I got over $3000 USD's in the last year.

With all the EASY, FREE money used RV prices have gone through the roof

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too bad they sent out all that money to people living in other countries when the money was meant to stimulate their own economy. 1.5 million Americans live in Mexico times $3000 and it went to another economy?

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe. We personally used the funds to pay the income taxes that we owed to the US government in the country where we don't live and don't generate income.

It's an interesting situation.

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

Too bad they sent out all that money to people living in other countries when the money was meant to stimulate their own economy. 1.5 million Americans live in Mexico times $3000 and it went to another economy?

You shouldn't worry. There is plenty of money given to people in the USA. I have friends that are business owners that received over $40000 in unemployment plus 6 figure SBA loans. 2 friends used the Restaurant Revitalization Fund giveaway to get 1,000,000+ GRANTS. One of them sold his business after getting the money and is going back home to Michoacan to retire.

The only reason the "people" didn't revolt after being locked up is because of the free money handed out.

You seemed worried about the direction MX politics are heading. The USA is going to beat Mexico to it.

Meanwhile prepare for the next round of lock downs and protect the value of your money.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/21 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talleyho69, sounds like a political statement to me between countries! You make your money in the US, but want to live cheaply in Mexico and probably not give up your US citizenship to insure the accrual of any other benefits. Surprise!! You have to pay taxes.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/21 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone who is a US citizen, even if they have never been in the US is responsible for paying taxes in the US on their income.

Giving up US citizenship is extremely difficult and costly.

We have no desire to do that, and choose to pay the taxes the US has decided we owe. We had many years of living in the US and do not regret them.

Mexico is not the first country that we have lived in for an extended period of time that is not part of the US, and we made the same decision then.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

USA has a population of around 300 million while Canada is less than 40 million with almost same land area so of course US will have a much higher number of Covid cases, deaths and unvaccinated. This is an apples to oranges situation for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_of_Canada

* This post was last edited 07/27/21 01:43pm by NamMedevac 70 *   View edit history

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After my Army service in Vietnam I lived and worked in SE Asia and Middle East for over 10 years as a civilian pilot (1975 to 85) and US citizens did not have to pay income taxes if they were legal residents of a foreign country or stayed outside of the USA for period of 18 months out of 24 and in my case I flew for overseas companies. The aircraft in Photo was owned by Evergreen Helicopters of Oregon and USA registered but I was employed by HeliServices of Singapore to fly EHI aircraft on both FAA and CAA license.

Retired Fin Acct & SEC CFP

[image]

* This post was edited 07/27/21 12:57pm by NamMedevac 70 *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.