|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tallyho. You are correct for US citizens. But being as Canadians cannot cross into the US by land we really do not know what the rules will be. Both governments have made rules that don't make sense. When both borders are open I bet the border personell will have trouble interpreting the rules. All of this has given me a huge headache.

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 09:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html is about test requirements for all air passengers arriving in the US. Not just for US citizens. But this is for air only.

There is no test requirement for land crossing in the US for eligible persons which includes US citizens/residents and essential travellers. God only knows what the rules will be on the US land crossings if/when they open it for Canadians.

Like I wrote before, one-sided border closure is nonsense. The official US word is that they will follow the recommendations of the US healthcare professionals but this is a poor excuse too, because in Canada there are fewer cases per capita and higher vaccination rate than in the US.

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The sooner all borders are open without restrictions, the better for everyone.

Whatever CA or the USA decide to do won't last long. Bureaucrats will not give up control and will lock down again. Canadians better escape while they can. Otherwise be prepared for another cold winter.

Besides the delta variant, public health officials will discover the epsilon variant, much more contagious and deadly than the deadly delta variant. That one will require lock downs and completely new set of vaccines.

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the 2nd thought, the US are right about being cautious. Canada's announcement was definitely not well thought out. Cases are not dropping in Canada anymore. In the fall children - mostly unvaccinated - will go back to school, people will congregate indoors, both in (now open) restaurants and in their homes, the situation will get worse and restrictions will return. In most of the world cases have been rising for the past few weeks.

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/21 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it is July 21st. The border restrictions expire today

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/06/23/2021-13238/notification-of-temporary-travel-restrictions-applicable-to-land-ports-of-entry-and-ferries-service

Could it be that easy?

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/21 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The US just renewed the closing for another month. I really do not think it will open for aong time.Maybe not this year

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/21 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

The US just renewed the closing for another month. I really do not think it will open for a long time. Maybe not this year

Agreed. With the current threat of variants and the fast rise in cases again, I'm thinking another year and a half. The last epidemic was three years, even with the vaccine it won't be shortened because of the lack of doses and those not wanting to take the shot.

Just returned from SMA and the majority of gringos refuse to wear a mask not to mention following other simple rules including leashing their dogs and cheating on their electric meters.

What's wrong with people? Do they believe this is a country without laws?

Whoever said, "do as the Romans do" was an idiot. Oh, I just Googled it, no wonder. [emoticon]

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/21 02:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almot wrote:

because in Canada there are fewer cases per capita and higher vaccination rate than in the US.

.....quite a bit fewer....Canada is seeing only ~300 new cases a day now....the US is seeing ~50,000 cases a day; that is 166.6 x more cases in the US per day than in Canada.....and recall that Canada's population is appx 10% of the US pop [emoticon]
Daily confirmed US cases today: here-->

I was just looking at Dr John Campbell's "situational video" today, here: Canada the most vaccinated country in the World now

So, with our country so well covered by vaccination, and, as Moisheh mentions, the large cost $$$ to land-entry in terms of dollars = tests, entry into Canada is still pretty daunting for the casual American land traveler. It is extremely puzzling why the US isn't allowing Canadian casual travelers into the US by land crossing on or before August 9th. Imagine the testing cost to a fully-vaccinated US citizen coming across into Canada for just a weekend? A week? [emoticon] this requirement may change over time. We will see....

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/21 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gtla9111 wrote:

With the current threat of variants and the fast rise in cases again, I'm thinking another year and a half. The last epidemic was three years, even with the vaccine it won't be shortened because of the lack of doses and those not wanting to take the shot.

Chris:

Yeah. Just about 3 years will probably play out, vis cov-2.

Last time I looked, the "World population vaccination percentage" was just in the 13.2% range fully vaccinated as of this week [emoticon] and only 1.1% of the populations of low-income nations have had just 1 shot Global vaccinations thus far

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/21 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The economies of North America will not survive 1.5
years of lock downs and closed borders. I am a retired businessman and every time I see a boarded up restaurant or hotel I could cry. An entrepreneur puts his bheart and soul into a businessb. When it is shut down that person becomes a broken man or woman. Probably will never start another business. A lost opportunity.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.