|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Roadside Assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
NVR2L82AV8

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/21 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's my experience. The water pump housing on my 6.0 ripped apart. I had USAA. I called them and all they found were tow companies that would only tow "IF" the camper was removed from the dually. Here's what three tow companies told me. "They don't want the liability of towing the truck and camper as they've had to many rear jacks contact the ground and cause major damage." I get it.
Plus, read your tow agreement. Most of them will "only" tow to the nearest repair shop (mileage limited). So beware if you've got the house strapped to the bed of the truck it's most likely gonna have to come off...(where/when/how really depends on the location, the condition of the truck, and where you can put the house).

2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

Ramblin' Ralph

Central California Coast

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deserteagle56 wrote:

I had AAA for a few years...till I found out the hard way that they don't go off-pavement at all. Even if it is a good dirt/gravel road they refuse to respond to those.

Yep, I found that out the hard way when stuck in sand boondocking in the CA Mohave Desert. Had to pay their normal tow service, which was about an hour away, $1200! [emoticon] Took him about 15 minutes to winch me out. I was a whopping 1/4 mile off a paved hwy on a very good dirt/sand road.

Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 715 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

moonlightrunner

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/21 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-net Roadside Assistance. Seems for a truck camper you need to get the "towable" version. Have actually USED Coach-net in the past. Why get it again? because they consistently asked "Are you in a safe location?" before anything else. Plus they went out of their way to get a 24,000lb 40ft bus towed. BTW, most towing outfits charge "deadhead mileage" fees which really add up fast. Last non-emergency tow was 5 miles and would have cost almost $1K if the driver hadn't given us a break because of the deadhead mileage. Coach-net Roadside Assistance is well worth the money.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.