|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> levelers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
beeman1

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not have auto levelers. So with that said what are some of easiest and simplest ones to use?
What is average cost to have auto ones installed. Thank you

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

beeman1 wrote:

I do not have auto levelers. So with that said what are some of easiest and simplest ones to use?
What is average cost to have auto ones installed. Thank you

We had the Atwood levelegs system replaced on our 40' Tiffin Phaeton with BigFoot levelers. Very happy with them. They were just under $6000 to have done. At the time, BigFoot was putting their system on the Tiffin Wayfarer, the smaller Class C they manufacture. I believe they still are. The HWH system was about the same price. There is also Equalizer.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

mbutts

Farmington MI, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our class C with the Bigfoot system on it. Outside of Forest River's error in assembly (they didn't secure the sensor that tells the system when it's level so it was just flopping around under a cabinet), we've had no trouble with it in 4.5 years.

I've seen installed prices in the $3,500 to $5,000 range.

Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Short of installing an auto-leveling system, some Beech-Lane levelers and a LevelMatePRO is a good combination for around $200 total. If installing, Big Foot has a good reputation and, when I looked last, was running $3,500 - $4,500 depending on how many struts, etc. (but that's been a while).

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

MDKMDK

Lockdown Gulag

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I replied to your post on iRV2, Bigfoot look like a popular system.
If the border ever reopens for normal traffic, I may get a system installed. If the weight isn't a problem.

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

WinMinnie02

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used wood to level the Class C.

ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Based on all the glowing remarks I read about the Big Foot leveling system and their support they provide to their customers I purchased a Platinum system when the company had a sale on them. I searched around within an approximate area of 3-4 hundred miles of where I live here in California for a shop to install the Bigfoot. Most. shops seemed very unfamiliar with the system but would quote me a price of $2-3 thousand for installation and it would take from 2-4 weeks to install. With this in mind, I decided to install it myself. After the initial back and forth of ordering and waiting for shipping of the BF system, it arrived and I was in the process of installing the unit that I noticed things weren't matching up the way they were supposed to and I reached out to BF with a phone call. Well after a few days and not receiving a call back I called BF again and was promised a call back which never happened. This went on for a total of 4+ months with wrong parts being sent and calls not being returned and no one claiming to be in charge who would look into helping me with my problems. Eventually I was reaching the end of my installation when I found out that BF sent me the wrong length hydraulic lines and being totally fed up with. it all, I went to a local shop that produced custom length hoses and spent $165 for the right length hoses rather than deal with BF and wait three weeks for shipment. Are they a reputable company to deal with? Absolutely not! It is a family owned and operated business and no one wants to own up to mistakes and they get away with it. Is it a good product? I have had continuous issues with the system related to parts failures and not with the installation. As a matter of fact, the installation has not been an issue at all.

MDKMDK

Lockdown Gulag

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/21 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess there are always going to be perils in attempting any DIY installtions.
I had considered ordering a system and trying the DIY route, but thought about it a bit more and decided I'd rather spend a few extra dollars on fuel to get to their shop, and let them install it, than be relegated to your situation where you play phone tag with their supprot people, and then have to wait for parts to be sent out, and so on.
Most of the reviews I've read are more about the systems being good, rather than about DIY installation problems. Your story is worthy of note.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/21 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I DIY installed a Bigfoot manual push button system on our previous motorhome in 2008, and the job went without a hitch with everything supplied fitting perfectly and working correctly. Any questions I had were answered promptly either by email or phone call as appropriate. I even received a phone call on a Sunday from an inquiry that I didn't expect to be answered until Monday. I couldn't have been more pleased with everything. I was also pleased when we were looking at our current motorhome, that it had a factory installed Bigfoot automatic system that has also worked well with minimal maintenance. Another leveler brand wouldn't have been a deal killer, but the Bigfoot system was a definite plus.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/21 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nobody mentioned HWH system yet. I am very happy with mine seeing it is 25 years old and still works. Seals and return springs are all original. I had to replace a Hyd line because it chaffed on the chassis frame and a control board because I left my window open and rain saturated the board.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> levelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.