RV.Net Open Roads Forum: ALDE heating and water heating system. Comments welcome.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ALDE heating and water heating system. Comments welcome.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/21 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi folks. We are looking at a little trailer for our next RV. The unit has an ALDE hydronic heating and hot water system. It is a Swedish system and seems quite common in Europe. Wondering how many have or have had this system and what they thought of it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

On edit. Fixed the original question to reflect hot water.

* This post was edited 07/25/21 09:30am by Reisender *

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/21 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What little trailer?

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck Camper Magazine review of the Alde system.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had that system in a Nucamp Tab trailer we had for a very short while. We never fired it up. It was located under the bed. It did have a good bit of maintenance requirements. The RV was so small we just used a small electric heater. We had the camper for less than a year as it was too small for our likes. Not for cooling heating only.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildtoad wrote:

What little trailer?

We are looking at a Nucamp T@B 400. It checks most of the boxes for us. Easy on and off ferries, Gets us into the small parks and sites and pullable by the SUV we have selected. We have talked to a couple folks who recently got one but other than the hot water they haven’t had cause to use the heating which we will need. Just trying to touch base with those who have done some fall or early spring camping.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

We had that system in a Nucamp Tab trailer we had for a very short while. We never fired it up. It was located under the bed. It did have a good bit of maintenance requirements. The RV was so small we just used a small electric heater. We had the camper for less than a year as it was too small for our likes. Not for cooling heating only.

Yah. It’s the T@B 400 we are looking at. Small is important for our intended use. I found a Facebook page of owners and have listed a couple questions there as well. We are not planning on any winter camping but fall and early spring are definitely in the picture for us. I’m interested in reliability and serviceability comments.

Thanks for your input.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Hi folks. We are looking at a little trailer for our next RV. The unit has an ALDE hydronic heating and cooling system. It is a Swedish system and seems quite common in Europe. Wondering how many have or have had this system and what they thought of it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

unless somthing has changed there is no cooling in the ALDE system, it would have a normal ac on top of the unit like any other trailer. the ALDE is heating, or heating and hot water. Myself, I wonder why it has taken so long to get an efficent silent and powerfull heating system in RV's that require way less battery power. I am even looking at the feasability of retrofitting one of these systems into my Truck Camper.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Hi folks. We are looking at a little trailer for our next RV. The unit has an ALDE hydronic heating and cooling system. It is a Swedish system and seems quite common in Europe. Wondering how many have or have had this system and what they thought of it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

unless somthing has changed there is no cooling in the ALDE system, it would have a normal ac on top of the unit like any other trailer. the ALDE is heating, or heating and hot water. Myself, I wonder why it has taken so long to get an efficent silent and powerfull heating system in RV's that require way less battery power. I am even looking at the feasability of retrofitting one of these systems into my Truck Camper.

Steve

You are right Steve. I should have said heating and hot water. My bad. I edited the original post. The T@B uses basement/cabinet air so nothing on the roof. . I have talked to a Couple folks and they are happy with the cooling. I was in the trailer and the AC unit didn’t seem noisy. I’m sure it will be fine.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you add air conditioning to that, be sure to include dehumidifying also.

Dusty

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/21 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is also a forum on the web. Nucamp Tab forum. If you then search tab 400 while on that forum you will note few problems discussed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ALDE heating and water heating system. Comments welcome.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.