RV.Net Open Roads Forum: New, low cost 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 battery !

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > New, low cost 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 battery !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
theoldwizard1

SE MI

Senior Member

Joined: 09/07/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/28/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$399 100Ah 12V "Zooms" LiFePO4 Battery Review

Buy on Amazon !

* This post was edited 07/28/21 02:05pm by theoldwizard1 *

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Online
Posted: 07/28/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see 749

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/28/21 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

I see 749


And an F Rating[emoticon]


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C


NamMedevac 70

Reno

Senior Member

Joined: 11/09/2020

View Profile



Posted: 07/28/21 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

bgum wrote:

I see 749


And an F Rating[emoticon]




Fakespot is a fraudulent company

They are pretending to be unbiased and legitimate when in fact their "algorithm" is broken and the results are completely incorrect. It's a good thing no one uses fakespot or even knows about this terrible company.

Read Customer Service Reviews of fakespot.com - Trustpilot

According to Trustpilot.com Fakespot is a fraud then maybe Trustpilot is also a fraud????????

theoldwizard1

SE MI

Senior Member

Joined: 09/07/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/28/21 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

I see $749

Yes,that is the 200Ah version. The 100Ah is currently out of stock.

rlw999

Washington State

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2020

View Profile



Posted: 07/28/21 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Given the power density of batteries and the danger of a fire in an RV, I'd never buy a cheap off-brand.


To put it in perspective:

A 100Ah 12V battery has around 1.2KWh of energy stored in it, 1 Watt-Hour has 3600 Joules of energy, so 1.2KWh has 1.2 * 1000 * 3600 = 4.3 million Joules of energy.

A hand grenade contains around 50g of TNT, at 4,000 Joules/g, that's around 200,000 joules.

So a 100Ah battery has the same energy as around 20 hand grenades. Granted, the battery is not going to release all of that energy at once, but still, a failure can do a lot of damage.

Here's what happens when you puncture one (no explosion, but an impressive jet of flame): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BS6QY3wI8

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/29/21 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rlw999 wrote:

Given the power density of batteries and the danger of a fire in an RV, I'd never buy a cheap off-brand.


To put it in perspective:

A 100Ah 12V battery has around 1.2KWh of energy stored in it, 1 Watt-Hour has 3600 Joules of energy, so 1.2KWh has 1.2 * 1000 * 3600 = 4.3 million Joules of energy.

A hand grenade contains around 50g of TNT, at 4,000 Joules/g, that's around 200,000 joules.

So a 100Ah battery has the same energy as around 20 hand grenades. Granted, the battery is not going to release all of that energy at once, but still, a failure can do a lot of damage.

Here's what happens when you puncture one (no explosion, but an impressive jet of flame): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BS6QY3wI8


the first test he did shorting the termanals, which did nothing aside from melt the termanals, would have caused a lead acid battery to expload. right there it is safer than a normal battery, as that would be the most comon issue from people working around there batteries. and it isnt like the old nickel metal hydride batteries that are subject to thermal runnaway, but I guess if you go around shoving metal spikes through the battery..... maybe thats why they are in a protective case?

Steve


2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

theoldwizard1

SE MI

Senior Member

Joined: 09/07/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/21 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rlw999 wrote:

Given the power density of batteries and the danger of a fire in an RV, I'd never buy a cheap off-brand.

The only reason I mentioned this battery is because it got a very high rating from Will Prowse. $399 100Ah 12V "Zooms" LiFePO4 Battery Review

If you have not seen any of his YouTube video you need to know that he has been evaluating and testing solar equipment for over 4 years. I trust his opinion.

rlw999 wrote:

Here's what happens when you puncture one (no explosion, but an impressive jet of flame): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BS6QY3wI8

StirCrazy wrote:


The first test he did shorting the termanals, which did nothing aside from melt the termanals, would have caused a lead acid battery to expload.

Concur !

This is why a fuse should be as close as possible to the positive terminal on the battery and the positive post needs additional protection.

SoonDockin

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 03/25/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/02/21 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ended up getting two 206ah SOK batteries based on Wills review and continued positive comments. Hope to have them soon. Now its time to remove the vents from my battery storage.


2019 Ford F450 KR
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath


StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 08/02/21 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoonDockin wrote:

I ended up getting two 206ah SOK batteries based on Wills review and continued positive comments. Hope to have them soon. Now its time to remove the vents from my battery storage.


I like the way they did the case for thoes ones.

Steve

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > New, low cost 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 battery !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.