RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Toilet Tissue...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Toilet Tissue...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/21 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Single Ply? Gotta use a ton of it to be of much use...

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get a kick out of the guys saying rv toilet paper is a rip off, how much do you buy? with all the things we spend money on for our campers and camping trips the amount I spend on two ply rv toilet paper is nothing.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/21 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

I get a kick out of the guys saying rv toilet paper is a rip off, how much do you buy? with all the things we spend money on for our campers and camping trips the amount I spend on two ply rv toilet paper is nothing.

Steve

Like everything else, it's an individual's choice.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/21 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

Steve, I’m with you, people go out and purchase a vehicle to pull or carry their RV or buy a motor home and then the worry about the costs of things that make enjoying their RV possible .[emoticon]

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/21 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

Steve, I’m with you, people go out and purchase a vehicle to pull or carry their RV or buy a motor home and then the worry about the costs of things that make enjoying their RV possible .[emoticon]

I see it more as an issue of convenience. I don't want to have to go to a special shop to buy RV toilet paper when I can just grab a few rolls from the house.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Geo*Boy wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

I see it more as an issue of convenience. I don't want to have to go to a special shop to buy RV toilet paper when I can just grab a few rolls from the house.

special shop, up here, canadian tire, walmart, home depot as well as rv shops all carry it. I would never buy it in a rv shop though that is a rip off. in the spring when I am shoping I just grab a few and put two in the truck camper and a few in the 5th wheel and I am set for the season. ya if I had to go to a special place to get it, I wwould probably be looking at alternatives. but I did do testing years ago and didnt find anything else that broke up as fast or as fine as the real stuff.

Steve

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

ROFL....

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

I see it from different perspective.
When there is a group of people who can buy $200,000 RV, $300,000 boat and still spend $300 for a dinner, lot of people save for long time to buy their RV. They would never buy that RV if not small savings here and there.
I bought RVs becouse buying used, that was the cheapest vacations for family of 4 than 5 we could get.
But than I see people who buy new, huge RV and check into hotel.

MORSNOW

Mountain Home, ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been using Cottonelle Clean Care Ripple toilet paper for years in our camper. We're Charmin Ultra-Strong or Ultra-Soft at home, but feel it's to thick for a clean flush in the camper. Our toilet down pipe has an S curve in it before reaching the tank which doesn't like too thick of paper.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD

7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/21 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

Geo*Boy wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

special shop, up here, canadian tire, walmart, home depot as well as rv shops all carry it. I would never buy it in a rv shop though that is a rip off. in the spring when I am shoping I just grab a few and put two in the truck camper and a few in the 5th wheel and I am set for the season. ya if I had to go to a special place to get it, I wwould probably be looking at alternatives. but I did do testing years ago and didnt find anything else that broke up as fast or as fine as the real stuff.

Steve

To each his/her own. Home Depot and Walmart are not in my normal shopping routine, so that's a special trip for me. Costco abd Walgreens are regular shopping stops so buying Costco brand or AngelSoft is more convenient. And they break up fine for the RV system.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Toilet Tissue...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.