RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Power issues 2018 AmericanCoach MidwestPatriot

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Power issues 2018 AmericanCoach MidwestPatriot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I’m not being too forward, I bet your husband could change the battery. Worst case it would take 2 people due to the weight.
Mighty Max sealed lead acid, (SLA) is $500 and free shipping on Amazon. Would work as they don’t need water added
I bought a pair of them 6v for our old camper. They appeared to be quality.
I can’t imagine it’s difficult to reprogram the charging voltage.
Sorry to hear, but Good luck with the sale!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An 8D AGM Interstate battery is about $700. No shipping as Interstate has dealers all over the country. Without knowing the exact model number of your Xantrex Inverter/Charger, I would not worry about reprogramming from the Lifeline. Most RV OEM's that install Lifelines as standard use Inverter/Chargers that can be programmed for Lifelines and then changed to other brand AGM's. But I would need the model of your Inverter. Doug

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/22 03:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toss the husband, keep the coach.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

denidenial22

united state

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/22 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IF YOU HAVE A GOOD BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the main question. If you CANNOT run the various 12 volt appliances including the Microwave on Inverter, you have a BAD battery/s. Coach, not chassis. Bring me up to speed. Have you EVER replaced the Coach batteries? In normal operation, a fully charged GOOD battery will give you almost 24 hours of self contained operation. On your particular RV. Doug

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/22 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

denidenial22 wrote:

IF YOU HAVE A GOOD BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the main question. If you CANNOT run the various 12 volt appliances including the Microwave on Inverter, you have a BAD battery/s. Coach, not chassis. Bring me up to speed. Have you EVER replaced the Coach batteries? In normal operation, a fully charged GOOD battery will give you almost 24 hours of self contained operation. On your particular RV. Doug

No. She has NEVER replaced the Coach battery. I have been trying to educate her on the importance of having a GOOD battery. She is extremely frustrated. Doug

Sprintervanmom

Chattanooga, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/22 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sorry to frustrate you to the extreme, Doug. I did spend $1700 replacing the battery. It took time to find the battery because you encouraged me to get lifeline and I did hunt it down. They had to go through a third party to find the lifeline battery and I had to pay for it before it was installed. When they took the other battery down they said it was actually still good. Oh well.

I am selling the vehicle tomorrow though and after running the inverter with the TV for over an hour and boiling some water my issue is solved. I’m happy for the new owner. Thanks again for you help and sorry to cause you trouble.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/22 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sprintervanmom wrote:

I’m sorry to frustrate you to the extreme, Doug. I did spend $1700 replacing the battery. It took time to find the battery because you encouraged me to get lifeline and I did hunt it down. They had to go through a third party to find the lifeline battery and I had to pay for it before it was installed. When they took the other battery down they said it was actually still good. Oh well.

I am selling the vehicle tomorrow though and after running the inverter with the TV for over an hour and boiling some water my issue is solved. I’m happy for the new owner. Thanks again for you help and sorry to cause you trouble.

They did NOT have to pull it to determine it was good. From all the posts you have posted, the battery was bad. After the New battery, except for the charge solenoid that was replaced, are ALL your problems gone? if so, the battery was bad. I am NOT frustrated. I was stating you were[emoticon] Doug

Sprintervanmom

Chattanooga, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/22 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, all problems solved and everything turned over to the new owner with full explanation about turning off the inverter when not using TV, microwave, or cooktop. That was helpful and I wish I had known that when I purchased it.

It was weird they tested the old battery and said it was good. They also said that the inverter was set to wet instead of AGM. But I know it had been on AGM at some point. Ah well, all is well now.

I loved that vehicle but it was so fancy it made me nervous about anything happening to it and my husband had zero buy in. Biggest impulse purchase I ever made! Didn’t lose money on it, so it’s a win win. We had a great 9 months with it and took a fabulous family trip up the East Coast. No regrets. And now there is Outdoorsy to rent som awesome RVs.

Thanks again for your help!
Kakhi

denidenial22

united state

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/22 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the off chance that YOU HAVE A GOOD BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the fundamental inquiry. In the event that you CANNOT run the different 12 volt apparatuses remembering the Microwave for inverterinverterInverter, you have a BAD battery/s. Mentor, not body. Update me. Have you EVER supplanted the Coach batteries? In ordinary activity, a completely energized GOOD battery will give you just about 24 hours of independent activity. On your specific RV. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Power issues 2018 AmericanCoach MidwestPatriot
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.