|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am just trying to start a discussion, not an argument.

We are in a REAL new normal where the restrictions on travel seem to be here to stay. These travel restrictions change day by day. There are many loopholes to take advantage of.

Are these continued restrictions going to keep you home? How are you planning to get around them?

As RVers, what is your special place you plan to ride this storm out? Any planning on coming south for the winter?

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You really look no further than Florida to see why these restriction will be in place for quite some time.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm just a weekend rv'er and not retired so don't go north or south out of the country.. But, my office just said that if we go 'out of the state' (I'm in WA state BTW), we have to quarantine at home for 10 days before coming back to the office.. We also had to go back to the full on mask deal when in the office... Even if you are vaccinated...

UGH... I do like to camp in Oregon from time to time.. I don't have any reservations out of state this year anyway, so no big deal.. BUT.. WTF..

Getting pretty "sick" of all of this and I know it's a big deal and all, but geez.. Use some common sense and you don't get sick... Okay, rant over..

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The restrictions don't bother us at all but dieing from a preventable condition does. We normally head north during leaf peeping season but with Tennessee in denial about the vaccinations and masks we will choose somewhere else. Somewhere we can sit in a restaurant where people wear masks and are fully vaccinated.

We will wait and see what the conditions are like in the fall. We can beat this crud if we imposed vaccinations, masks, and improved testing of travelers.

We don't plan to try to get around any restrictions as they are put in place to save people's lives. To do otherwise should be considered criminal.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someone once said, "The only thing we have to fear is: fear itself." The saying seems to apply to the current situation. Everyone is being frightened into taking an experimental drug. I listened to a RN yesterday talking about all the vaccinated people they are now seeing in the hospital where she works, coming in with unexplainable difficulties for which the doctors have no answers.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just go where we want to. We don't worry about any restrictions. There are none at the CGs we go to. And there are none at the motels we go to either.
Where y'all going that has restrictions?
Someone mentioned Florida. According to what I can find. Florida has no restrictions? Nor does any state around us. I could only find 3 states with any restrictions at all.

And one person worried about being around unvaccinated folks. Honestly. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if some one else isn't. after all. You are protected by yours, OR ARE YOU. If you aren't. then there is no need to take it.

Folks live life. Don't frett, and hide from a virus that is 99.8% survivable. Life is too short to waste hiding from the boogie man.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rexlion. Your post will get this thread closed in a hurry.
Playaboy. Your post is timely. My wife and I were just commenting
g that crossing the border will never be the same
Crossing changed after 9/11 and now will change even further. Casual crossing will disappear
You will have to provide info before you cross. State to State or Province to Province might also change. I won't expand on the subject as all the crazies will jump in and the thread will close.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since this started over a year ago we have put around 12,000mi on our DP mostly in the East. Don't go somewhere else to sit for 6mo doing nothing. We see it and leave for the next adventure. Fear, we took our 6mo old daughter and went to Vietnam in 1966 to work for 4 years. Sorry folks but we are now 75 & 80, had our shots, and know we got to die sometime. Better doing what we want than hiding from something that may never effect us. Get your shots just like we did now and 75 years ago just to go to school. Life is good!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/21 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only constant is change...will things go back to exactly what they were before...no but things will ease back toward something similar.

We are already moving towards normal. Anyone who told you it was going to be a perfect smooth glide path to normal was likely trying to sell you something.

I expect for the next year or so, there will be some restrictions but it will be a moving target and you will see inconsistencies. By 2yrs out, I expect we will be at the new normal. For a while, you may see vaccine requirements at the border but really no different from Yellow Fever vaccine requirements.

My advice is to be flexible. Nothing particularly hard unless you try to fight the restrictions.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with many of you that have said, basically, I'm vaccinated, and if you have chosen not to be vaccinated, that is your crisis, not mine. And yes, it is 99.8% survivable. Life is for living.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.