|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/21 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very similar to his belief that when he took office the pharma companies that provided medicines to our social system were monopolies. He eliminated all 10 of them and since then over 3500 children have died needlessly because he refuses to buy their cancer treatments.

Mexico news is like anywhere else. There are two sides to everything.

Yesterday he held a Consulta Popular, the first in a series of many he will have. It was to determine if the ex-presidents should be investigated for corruption and then tried.

The law in the Mexican Constitution already provides for that.

He spent 26 million dollars on the vote yesterday and no one showed up (only 7% of the population).

That money could have done one of the following things:

Built 1749 low-income homes with a median value of 300,000 pesos

Provided 10,600,000 food hampers

Purchased 59,666 weekly cancer treatments for children.

It is important to stay abreast of Mexican news so that tourists, residents, and Mexicans know where their pesos and dollars go in a country where 50% don't pay taxes and the rest is pilfered away on such nonsense that the law already provides for.

Most North Americans should be appalled at the simple fact that he supports Cuba, the Cuban Revolution, and sent three ships this last week with food supplies, a tanker with diesel, and a ship carrying medicines that are needed just as badly here at home especially for innocent children who are part of our universal health care system.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/21 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, we agree, Michelin tires are the best, but they are pricey.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/21 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talleyho69 wrote:

Here is a great tip: I bought our new tires on line. First, I had them guarantee the age of the tires by sending photos of the manufacturing date. (look for this information on line.)

....yeah. I hear you. We have an excellent tire place near us (they do tractor-trailers, Class A, and commercial delivery truck tire replacements). All the tire replacements on our SUV and 2500HD have been done there. I order by phone, and specify that all 4 tires must have a manufacture date no older than 8 weeks. I've been lucky, in that every tire I've bought there were never date-stamped older than 7 weeks.

Others: Re. Michelin:

I've had absolutely lousy luck with Michelin tires. I tried 2 sets just to be certain. My (LR E) BF Goodrich TA-Ko's (manufactured by Michelin North America Inc) all failed within 3 years. Horrendous sidewall cracking, and horrendous tread cracking on all 4. I always get full laser wheel alignments (at the dealership, then drive to tire place) before new tires go on. And, our trucks are way under rated loads (the big 2500HD is 1400 LBS under rated payload at all times!). My Michelin AT's disintegrated at 4 years (all 4 tires), too. I'll never touch a Michelin tire ever again. I'm using Goodyear Duratrac (LR E) on every rim. Been using Duratracs now for over 7 years, not ever a crack, split or hair-line on any sidewall nor tread block. Excellent wear, too.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/21 11:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand, here are some excerpts from an article "Are BF Goodrich Tires Made by Michelin?" In "Truck Tire Reviews" dated August 5, 2019.

"Things changed for the brand when in 1988 BF Goodrich (BFG) was sold to Michelin North America, Inc (a division of the larger French-owned Michelin brand)."

"So are BFG tires made by Michelin? The answer is both yes and no. BFG is owned by Michelin, but a lot of their tires are produced separately, with independent engineering and design teams, here in the USA."

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/21 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Several years ago I had some BFG tires I purchased in MX that were defective. Radial Llanta tried to tell me the tire came apart because I hit a pot hole and would not cover the warranty.

I complained to BFG in the USA and they told me that the USA and MX companies are totally separate. As a courtesy for a long time customer they covered the cost of the replacement tires in MX.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/21 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

playaboy, good deal! But not such a good product.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.