|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The president has made it very clear. There will be no booster shots and no vaccines for children under 12. His goal is not to spend money and it only comes back to bite Mexico in the behind. Based on his stance, things will only get worse in the short term.

We all need to accept reality. A pandemic lasts approx. 3 years. Variants were not figured into the equation. The sooner people follow the rules, and countries work together instead of against each other, it will come to an end.

Another observation. Having spent a month in San Miguel de Allende, reading Mexico and ex-pat forums, it is truly surprising how little information people have about the places they travel and live outside their respective countries.

I won't go into details on news, you can look it up yourselves. Be informed on what is happening in Mexico in terms of safety, security, the pandemic. and politics. Those four things are impacting these conversations now.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fear is reason people are not being vaccinated. I remember in the service some feared the needle so much that they passed out. These same people don't donate blood for fear of the needle.
They fear the needle and are ashamed to admit it so they give every reason under the sun to not step up.

Come on folks man up so we can get rid of the restrictions.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Link to US State Dept re: MX travel

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading the link you provided, thank you, people need to realize that the US website may or may not have the current information.

At least here in Guerrero, everyone who is 40 years of age or older has received their doses (however many required) of the COVID vaccine. The 30 to 39 year olds received their first dose of AstraZenica last week, and will receive the second one in September.

Else where in the country, the 18 year olds and older are receiving their vaccines. Mexico is actively vaccinating their people of all ages.

Will this help? It sure couldn't hurt. At this time, Mexico is doing a decent job with vaccination, especially compared with many countries in the rest of the world, and it's continuing.

We live here, will continue to, and feel strongly that things are being handled in a reasonable way.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE didn't do the snowbird thing last winter but still had to pay for our annual site in Florida (3800 bucks) . No REFUNDS. This year again we had to pay up front in May for any kind of deal. We will go this year no matter what. We are Vaccinated and getting older so yeah we will mask up and stay warm this time even if many of our friends decide not to come down. I really feel for the Canadians. I am fairly sure they do not have as many no vacers as we have. Sad Sad Sad.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We so agree that the Canadians are suffering. They have a totally different government set up than those in the US have.

We have a close friend, a retired Canadian professor who explained the differences to us. It makes sense, and if necessary, I'll have him explain the governmental differences.

We are fortunate that we have several different governments, but at times they get complicated and tough to understand how and why they are different.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

As a result of covid 19 protocols we have experienced no colds, sinus issues, or other viruses.
I can attribute this to mask wearing, increased washing of hands, and avoiding those who don't.
So the pandemic has had positive impact in our lives.
We have no plans to travel to Mexico or Canada so restrictions there do not impact us directly.

I agree with you 100% and same with us.

https://i.imgur.com/HoB4Oddm.png

* This post was last edited 08/01/21 09:57am by NamMedevac 70 *   View edit history

SoonDockin

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/21 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do all the grocery shopping. I move with speed through the store and am out in under 20 minutes on a bad day. Avoiding spending time indoors with others is the key. Vaccinations are a good thing but not a ticket to congregate in enclosed spaces.

2019 Ford F450 KR
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/21 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gatorm wrote:

bgum wrote:

The restrictions don't bother us at all but dieing from a preventable condition does. We normally head north during leaf peeping season but with Tennessee in denial about the vaccinations and masks we will choose somewhere else. Somewhere we can sit in a restaurant where people wear masks and are fully vaccinated.

We will wait and see what the conditions are like in the fall. We can beat this crud if we imposed vaccinations, masks, and improved testing of travelers.

We don't plan to try to get around any restrictions as they are put in place to save people's lives. To do otherwise should be considered criminal.

Yeah, you probably need to stay away from Louisiana as well. I wouldn’t call my state as being in denial but having common sense much like Louisiana has. I was just in Louisiana Tuesday and they appear to be living a normal life there much like Tennessee is.

Agree with you totally. We have a bunch of dumb uneducated folks here who live day to day. We are first in everything bad and last in everything good. Not something anyone can take pride in. I did note that Tenn has half the new cases of covid vs LA but double the deaths. I hope both states get a grip on the problem.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/21 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sandia Man, X2. Say thank you from my family to your RN wife for going to work every day and taking the risks before the vaccine was available to her. She represents the "science" we all need to believe in.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Travelling is not getting easier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.