RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Wastewater Tote & Fresh Water Containers - Do you use them?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wastewater Tote & Fresh Water Containers - Do you use them?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/21 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkenyon2 - my folding trailer has only a 20 gallon fresh water tank. And due to the placement of the horizontal intake, it loses about 2 gallons while driving down the road.

So, I carry aquatainers to refill while at the campground.

Like you, I realized a funnel wouldn't work. So I got a Beer Bong Funnel with Valve from Amazon. It takes an extra pair of hands or something to hold it against the side of the trailer, but it works. I can pour the water from the aquatainer into the funnel and refill the tank.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/21 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

mkenyon2 - my folding trailer has only a 20 gallon fresh water tank. And due to the placement of the horizontal intake, it loses about 2 gallons while driving down the road.

Like you, I realized a funnel wouldn't work. So I got a Beer Bong Funnel with Valve from Amazon. It takes an extra pair of hands or something to hold it against the side of the trailer, but it works. I can pour the water from the aquatainer into the funnel and refill the tank.

my solution on two trailers I have. I installed a RV water pump in thep pass through wired into 12V with a switch. Inlet is a dip tube for the auqua container, outlet is plumbed into the fresh water fill. Flip the switch, empty the container, repeat. If you don't have a dedicated place for a pump, just make a plywood mounting board with flexible plumbing and a jumper cord.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/21 11:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

my solution on two trailers I have. I installed a RV water pump in thep pass through wired into 12V with a switch. Inlet is a dip tube for the auqua container, outlet is plumbed into the fresh water fill. Flip the switch, empty the container, repeat. If you don't have a dedicated place for a pump, just make a plywood mounting board with flexible plumbing and a jumper cord.

Best part about that is if your water pump fails you've got a ready spare =)

Long long Honeymoon had their water pump fail while boondocking in Tetons, no RV store for many hours. They got lucky and a friend happened to be nearby and had a spare on them. For me I bought a new quieter pump to replace my factory unit, but in now going to throw that under the bed in case the new one fails at some point.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

LG61820

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fall 2019 I took my T@b 320 to a full hookup campground to work a contract in that city. The camper was winterized.

I used the campground showers and toilets.

I used my water hookup to fill gallon jugs to use for dishwashing and handwashing. I used the sewer hookup to dump the gray water.

I was there for about 4 months and found it no problem to live that way. Of course, I was solo camping. Might have been a little problem if I had a companion or a child or two with me.

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/21 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This past summer I invested in fresh tank because we have been increasing our boondock camping. I was ready to buy the larger 65 gallon bladder but because I camp with 3 kids and tons of bikes, fishing poles, and other kids things loaded into the bed of the truck, I was concerned about puncture. So instead I went with a hard side 35 gallon tank from tractor supply and an $11 drill pump. Used it 3 times so far and it worked fantastic. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to pump 35 gallons into my tank. My wife and daughters love it because they can now take "real showers" when we do boondocks weekends LOL

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/21 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I carry a 5 gallon fresh jug. Sometimes I need the extra when camping, but sometimes I cannot fill up the camper, but filling a portable jug is almost always doable. Try to find a water hose in California.... Hard to do, but there are lots of places to fill a jug and nobody seems to care about a jug as opposed to a goliath RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wastewater Tote & Fresh Water Containers - Do you use them?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.