|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Delays in camper buiddate

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
towpro

Compass PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Barry W wrote:

I've been trying to post a picture for the last couple of days. Ive always like the pics so many of you post. Thought I'd show off the SR one more time. I can post more if this test works. Barry

Where are you camping that you can use that ATV?
and what goes in the tube on front of your rack?

Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz.

Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range

Barry W

Corapeake, NC 27926

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use it to store my sand spikes.
[image]
Barry

2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0
SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE
FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS
HONDA EU2000
1000 WATT INVERTER

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SnowRiver was famous for quality and innovation - a great legacy, particularly where quality is ‘rare element’ with many of today’s offerings (fill in the _____)…Here’s an interesting bit of SnowRiver’s history:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/weekly-blog/a-celebration-of-bob-mehrer-of-interior-rv/

3 tons

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

I see literally hundreds of new RV's of all flavors in my area on dealer lots...

Dealers on the wet side need to sell those to the dealers on the dry side. Inventory on the dry side is a fraction of what it used to me.

THe big Arctic Fox dealer in Spokane has only about 6 units from Northwood (Nash / AF) and they are all TTs. I haven't seen an AF truck camper there in a few months.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Barry W

Corapeake, NC 27926

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the link for the SowRiver history. I've not seen that since owning mine since 2004. I had two years of research finding the SnowRiver and finally driving from NE north carolina to pick it up at five star rv. I felt then the first time seeing, that this camper was quality. We spent nine days on that adventure and 17 years later I've not incountered one issue with the slide the frame work or water intrusion. I've done my part to store it right over the years. It would be my choice today if they were still in business. I made a little bit of history myself on that trip as I was told by Bob himself to be the first customer with a SnowRiver east of the Mississippi. Barry

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 09 Eagle Cap with a slide-out and basement…We should remember and honor Dear Bob (R.I.P.) for bringing these innovations (including theater seating!) to the truck camper market, without which would surely make for some uber limited market options…Bob Meher left his mark on all of us! [emoticon]

3 tons

srschang

Western NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

towpro wrote:

a month ago I ordered a new truck, it will take around 15 weeks to get it.
I traded in a vehicle as a deposit on the new truck. They offered me more than I paid for the trade but could not guarantee that offer because who knows what the market will be like in 15 weeks when the truck comes in. That trade value might go down $2-3K in value. So since I have something else to drive in mean time, I went for it.

Really this deal helped them out as well because I supplied inventory when the lot is empty. They already sold my trade and I have not received my new truck.

Same thing I just did. I currently have a 2020 Ram Laramie Cummins, I ordered a 2022 Ram Laramie Cummins, which should show up in 10 weeks. The dealer said my trade is worth $3000 more than I paid for it new 1 1/2 years ago. My choice - sell it to them now for the appraised value, or trade it in when the new one comes in at the appraised value at that time. I need the truck day to day, so I'll trade it in when the new one comes in and keep my fingers crossed this used truck pricing insanity keeps going.

2020 Ram 3500 SRW Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/21 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

srschang wrote:

towpro wrote:

I traded in a vehicle as a deposit on the new truck. They offered me more than I paid for the trade but could not guarantee that offer because who knows what the market will be like in 15 weeks when the truck comes in. That trade value might go down $2-3K in value. So since I have something else to drive in mean time, I went for it.

Really this deal helped them out as well because I supplied inventory when the lot is empty. They already sold my trade and I have not received my new truck.

Same thing I just did. I currently have a 2020 Ram Laramie Cummins, I ordered a 2022 Ram Laramie Cummins, which should show up in 10 weeks. The dealer said my trade is worth $3000 more than I paid for it new 1 1/2 years ago. My choice - sell it to them now for the appraised value, or trade it in when the new one comes in at the appraised value at that time. I need the truck day to day, so I'll trade it in when the new one comes in and keep my fingers crossed this used truck pricing insanity keeps going.

How many miles were on your trade??

3 tons

srschang

Western NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

srschang wrote:

towpro wrote:

How many miles were on your trade??

3 tons

Scott

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/21 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I’m beginning to see that nothing makes much sense anymore…Whether good or bad is hard to say…

3 tons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Delays in camper buiddate
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.