|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Stick-house Smoke detector question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

QCMan wrote:

Might want to make that the last twenty years!

News Flash: the entire country lost control of forest management around a century ago when it was decided that ALL forest fires had to be stamped out. In hindsight (which is indeed always better than foresight), this was the wrong approach, and we are now paying for it in the form of much more frequent and very much more devastating wildfires, which are burning up all that excess fuel we've been foolishly storing in the woods for the last century or so.

Not to worry, though, Ma Nature is on the job, and via the mechanism of Global Climate Change, is removing that excess fuel in Her own way.

Yep.

And don't forget that many forest fires are started by humans. If we people were more careful, we could reduce the number of fires by at least 50 percent.

Nearly 85 percent* of wildland fires in the United States are caused by humans. Human-caused fires result from campfires left unattended, the burning of debris, equipment use and malfunctions, negligently discarded cigarettes, and intentional acts of arson.

*Source: 2000-2017 data based on Wildland Fire Management Information (WFMI) and U.S. Forest Service Research Data Archive

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

road-runner

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/21 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If your home has been built in the last 10 years in the U.S., chances are they are wired together to intercommunicate. This sort of wiring guarantees that if one alarm in the house goes off, they all go off.
My view is the interconnection guarantees you will lose valuable time figuring out where the fire is. I've got 7 of them, and any one of them is easily heard throughout the house.

2009 Fleetwood Icon

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

road-runner wrote:

Quote:

If your home has been built in the last 10 years in the U.S., chances are they are wired together to intercommunicate. This sort of wiring guarantees that if one alarm in the house goes off, they all go off.
My view is the interconnection guarantees you will lose valuable time figuring out where the fire is. I've got 7 of them, and any one of them is easily heard throughout the house.

thats why I installed the Nest ones when I did my reno, they tell you where it is.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Stick-house Smoke detector question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.