RV.Net Open Roads Forum: The used RV market is getting nuts...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The used RV market is getting nuts...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Desert Captain

Payson

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We keep our 2012 24' Class C parked in our driveway:

[image]

As you can see it is well back from the street but yesterday, for the second time in a week, a guy pulled up and rang our bell to inquire if our coach was for sale. He had driven 90 minutes up from Phoenix to buy a coach but when he arrived the seller had already sold it out from under him. At least half a dozen folks over the last six months have approached us wanting to make and offer.

Fortunately for us we are very happy with our coach having just passed our 8 year anniversary and have zero interest in selling. I can only imagine how much we could probably get for it. [emoticon] All I would have to do is turn it around little closer to the street and put up a For Sale sign. No wonder getting reservations {now a must} at just about any CG or RV park are next to impossible this summer. Hopefully once the kids go back to school in September things will loosen up...This market is just nuts!
[emoticon]

Gooma

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nuts is right, and not only RV's, twice in the last the weeks someone has stopped me in a parking lot to ask if I wanted to sell my PU.

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gooma wrote:

Nuts is right, and not only RV's, twice in the last the weeks someone has stopped me in a parking lot to ask if I wanted to sell my PU.

I took my truck into the dealer for a few issues before it turns 36,000 miles and they offered me $15,000 more than I paid in late 2019.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S Davis wrote:

I took my truck into the dealer for a few issues before it turns 36,000 miles and they offered me $15,000 more than I paid in late 2019.
That seems great until you find out you pay sticker on a new one and nothing you want is even available.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

msjdbman

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

S Davis wrote:

That seems great until you find out you pay sticker on a new one and nothing you want is even available.

Yeah, last weekend I was fueling my 08 Chevy, and the guy next to me at the diesel island asked me what year my truck was and how many miles. He then offered me $35K on the spot. That’s 5 grand more than I paid for it in Jan 2009. Of course I declined, but holy cow.

2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please stop reminding me, lol!
I’ve been threatheaning to sell the camper, brodozer and boat for about a month now!
Lol.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would disconnect or remove the battery of your class C and/or use a two prong steering wheel lock just in case in these high criminal times. I have successfully used the TWO prong steering wheel locks on my trucks when sometimes parked in badass areas such as some truck stops or storage lots with the battery disconnected also or removed. Always of course have the windows up and doors locked. Thieves do sometimes steal motorhomes and give police a run for their money with major damage or destruction of the RV according to the news and hunting season is approaching.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

. . . . and the time will come, in the not too distant future, when we will all be saying about our RV's, trucks, cars, whatever . . . "man, I wish I would have taken that ridiculously high offer that guy made me several months back, because today I could have bought _____ with that money! What was I thinking, turning it down like I did??"

Much like the current inflated Real Estate market, this will come to an end, sooner than later. I don't see it as a balloon that will burst, but as a balloon that will lose it's air gradually.

My advice would be to keep a close eye on the market, and act accordingly.

There ya go -- free advice, and worth every penny of it [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is recent article on this very issue from RV travel website. The many comments and replies are interesting. In Reno area all the dealer lots are full of new RVs of all types.

Are RVs Really In Short Supply? https://www.rvtravel.com/rvs-short-supply-buyer/

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/21 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

No wonder getting reservations {now a must} at just about any CG or RV park are next to impossible this summer.
Newbies have bought out all the existing inventory and now going for used. Interesting.

I'm fortunate to never have experienced difficulty finding space. Of course being able to camp on nothing but a spot of land helps. I'm in a forest CG in UT and out of 41 spaces there are 3 occupied. Mesa Verde is very slow too.

I think fire smoke is keeping them away. Visibility is maybe 3 miles, from what used to be 20.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The used RV market is getting nuts...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.