|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We here in Guerrero are on red light, and should be because of tourism.

We both sincerely hope that you two have had your vaccinations, if you choose to have them, and are healthy.

We had ours, and are doing well and sending positive thoughts to everyone who chooses to be vaccinated.

We are out regularly and ALWAYS wear our masks. It's easy and a correct thing to do, and hopefully sends a message to our many visitors.

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/21 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being 3rd in North America has always been Mexico's place. Right behind the USA and Canada. No surprise there.

There was not an ample supply of vacs available for purchase in the beginning. Uncle Sam, thru Operation Warp Speed, financed research and pre-purchased millions of doses of all kinds of potential covid vacs. That is why all the so called "free" jabs in the USA available to everyone from everywhere.

Not all of that investment produced a viable vaccine. The USA owns millions of doses of Asta Zenica, a vaccine NOT approved by the FDA as safe and not used in the States. We give it away to other countries.

I wonder the real cost of these free vaccines.

I believe Mexico can't purchase vaccines that aren't available to them. Other countries are in front of Mexico in the shopping line. They did procure Cansino, Sputnik and others. In fact there are 7 different vaccines approved for covid in Mexico, 4 more than the USA allows. And they still can't get enough (like most of the 3rd world)

It took Canada a long time to ramp up. Canada needs vaccines for only 40 million people that are completely under their government public health care system. Since they didn't invest and prepay for vaccines, they had to wait their turn too.

Considering all these different vaccines approved around the world didn't exist 18 months ago, I am surprised that over a BILLION people have gotten some kind of jab.

* This post was edited 08/11/21 09:13pm by playaboy *

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been vaccinated since May. I had to raise a stink in our local municipal office to get the second shot which came two days later. Now we find out that Sinovac may not have been effective and not accepted by the U.S.

Our new governor is forming a caravan to the U.S. to get Nuevoleoneses vaccinated there. We're not waiting for the feds to do anything.

In the meantime, my motto: Trust no one.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

playaboy wrote:

Since the vaccines are proving not as effective as advertised, it wouldn't surprise me the government would pull back.

...at my last count, 20 vaccines targeting sars-cov-2 were being injected across numerous countries around the World, at varying deployments. All of these vaccines have varying efficacy by age (some have ZERO efficacy, but were approved anyway!), health condition and status of the vaccine itself (ie. were the vaccines deployed before expiry? were protocols followed to the absolute letter eg. when preparing mRNA batches just before injecting?).

But really, for a vaccination "campaign" to really work, EVERYONE World-wide needs to be fully vaccinated within an ever-closing time-frame, or 2 things will happen: ever more evasive "variants" of the rampaging virus will emerge, lowering vaccine efficacy; and sars-cov-2 may escape from the actual vaccine(s) (the worst-case scenario).

Barring the entire Planet's population getting vaccinated in a very short time (say, 6 month cycle), the only way to survive this "one" would be by creating Nation "flu buddy" states, and only allowing those "buddies" access, barring "everyone else". I would have hoped that Mexico/USA/Canada could become "flu buddies", but hope is fading.

Presently, only 1.4% (+/- a fraction) of the dirt-poor nations on Earth have been vaccinated. These places are the incubators of new variants.

Canada was indeed a very, very late starter to the "get vaccinated" campaign, however, remarkably, we managed to claw our way up to near 1st place recently LOL

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/21 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not accepted by Canada either for travel there. Trust no one. Interesting concept.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel........avellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

We've been vaccinated since May. I had to raise a stink in our local municipal office to get the second shot which came two days later. Now we find out that Sinovac may not have been effective and not accepted by the U.S.

Our new governor is forming a caravan to the U.S. to get Nuevoleoneses vaccinated there. We're not waiting for the feds to do anything.

Are they (Mexicans) going to be allowed across the border for a jab? Is that essential?

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/21 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

playaboy wrote:

qtla9111 wrote:

Are they (Mexicans) going to be allowed across the border for a jab? Is that essential?

Travel agencies and airlines have been selling vaccination tours since March. You fly to Houston and they get you into HEB or CVS for the vaccine.

If you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident, you can get the shot. Essential travel is also being used by Mexicans who have parents or siblings in the U.S. who need some type of care. Those decisions are made by the agent at the border entry. Proof of illness, letters or emails, photos of the person and info to verify their existence in the country.

Short answer, we are waiting for more info. Like I said, here in the north we are not fond of the feds telling us how to live.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.