RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: new unit alert!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> new unit alert!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
alexleblanc

Shediac N.B

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After a few weeks of back and forth with the dealer, i hauled down my 2015 KZ Durango 296BHS to Leisure Time RV in Quispamsis NB and traded it in on a 2021 Reflection 311BHS. Paid the difference with a bank draft and the new unit is ours free and clear, feel extremely lucky to be in a position in life to do that.

This particular unit had all of the factory optional packages and also had the second AC unit and JT Strongarms installed.

I had them install the MORRYDE Pinbox before i left on my journey back home to Moncton NB (about an hour).

So far I'm very impressed with the build quality and the features on this unit, I'm hoping it serves us as well as our last unit did over the last 6 summers and roughly 55000km's of roads it went down.

Its around 11500 dry and has a GVWR of 13995, hauling it back home empty i have to be honest that i couldn't tell the difference from hauling my old unit there which was around 8100 dry.

I did take the factory 3.5" blocks that i had swapped out for 2" one four years ago to lower my truck and put them back in knowing that this unit was heavier and not a 1500 series so it should sit higher, i was right. Hitch head needs to be adjusted 1" down and i should be completely level.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

our old trusty unit
[image]
Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

* This post was last edited 08/10/21 09:00am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. See you opted for the recliners. Great option especially with the fireplace and TV.
We rented a 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB for 4 months last winter. I was really impressed with the quality of it. Very well built, nice features. Way better than the TT we owned back in 1997!
Enjoy!

2010 Suncruiser

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats and enjoy !!! Many happy miles of smiles for you!!!

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. We just got a new-to-us 2019 Momentum and so far it's very nice. The build quality does seem much better than our 2010 Fuzion. Everything just seems so much more solid. FWIW we had the JT Strongarms on our Fuzion, but the Momentum just doesn't seem to move around. The only thing I don't like are the solid stairs. I'd much rather have the pull out steps.

Enjoy!

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice. In your second pic, I see your landing gear down low. Does it ride that way going down the road?

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats. Very nice.

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4(on order)

alexleblanc

Shediac N.B

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

Nice. In your second pic, I see your landing gear down low. Does it ride that way going down the road?

the phot might be making it look worse than it is, the front landing gear had about 13-14" to the ground and the stabilizers about 10" to the ground.

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/21 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is one good looking rig!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/21 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sweet looking rig and floorplan, Grand Design builds a solid unit and customer service has been known to work hard toward complete customer satisfaction. When we were looking for a new rig last year they were on our very short list of towable RV manufacturers, we ended up with a motorhome but we almost pulled the trigger on a Grand Design 5er. Have many great adventures, I am sure the family will thoroughly enjoy RVing in your new Reflection.

alexleblanc

Shediac N.B

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/21 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sandia Man wrote:

Sweet looking rig and floorplan, Grand Design builds a solid unit and customer service has been known to work hard toward complete customer satisfaction. When we were looking for a new rig last year they were on our very short list of towable RV manufacturers, we ended up with a motorhome but we almost pulled the trigger on a Grand Design 5er. Have many great adventures, I am sure the family will thoroughly enjoy RVing in your new Reflection.

I have to say that after giving the unit a hand wash and wax along with packing our stuff in it I had a good chance to see and touch just about every nook and cranny of the unit - the Build quality/ Fit & Finish seems to be far improved from my previous KZ unit that I was quite happy with and over all feels much more solid (maybemoreso going from a 1500 series light model to a regular heavier unit).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> new unit alert!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.