|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 18" tire question - ANOTHER UPDATE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarkO , I thought 97 and 2017 f250 wheels had different bolt pattern. How did you swop them ? Or did I miss read .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Siletzspey

Shedd, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mbloof wrote:

While the selection of available 19.5" tires is not as good as consumer sizes, there are a number of "MT+Snowflake" winter rated tires available.

You caused me to look again, and finally found a 19.5" tire that is officially rated for snow. Thanks.

https://www.toyotires.com/commercial-truck/tire/pattern/m920-regional-and-urban-drive-tire

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

MarkO , I thought 97 and 2017 f250 wheels had different bolt pattern. How did you swop them ? Or did I miss read .

They do and he didn't....

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Siletzspey wrote:

mbloof wrote:

While the selection of available 19.5" tires is not as good as consumer sizes, there are a number of "MT+Snowflake" winter rated tires available.

You caused me to look again, and finally found a 19.5" tire that is officially rated for snow. Thanks.

https://www.toyotires.com/commercial-truck/tire/pattern/m920-regional-and-urban-drive-tire

Are the Oregun snow cops that ambitious for this actually to be a thing? Or are these things only worried about "hypothetically?"
I mean I know the rules, traction tires, 4wd, chains, additional regs if towing, etc.
But in only 26 years of living in or near and driving snow covered mountain passes (alot of the time when the roads are the worst, because that's when the snow is the best!) in NM, AZ, CO, WY, MT, OR, ID, WA and AK I have never once been pulled over, flagged over, stopped, asked, questioned or even gotten the stink eye from a cop about tires (generally I'm in a 4wd in the winter).
Do those of you with a 1 ton 4x4 stop and chain up when the 10,000gvw signs go up? LOL

I did get questioned once a couple years ago. Blew past a cop who was driving like a pansy on I 90 here, coming down Snoqualmie.
By blew by, I was only going about 55mph and I was staying in the unplowed lane so traction was a bit better. He gave me the stinky winky lights but carried on his 35mph trajectory in the icy plowed lane. Few miles down the road someone jackknifed a pickup and trailer and blocked part of the highway. I stopped and put my strobes on because visibility was poor. When the cop showed up, he asked if it was me that passed him. I said, no, but I saw a White Chevy pickup blow past me lik3 I was standing still a minute ago!! (I was in a White chevy, lol)
He just laughed and asked what kind of tires I had, because it looked like they were handling the snow pretty good...

* This post was edited 08/16/21 01:39pm by Grit dog *

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are lots of 19.5s rated for snow. There are also some that are 3 peak rated like my Toyo M655s.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

mbloof

Beaverton, OR

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

They do. I was forced to buy new rims and have the only slightly used Toyo tires removed from the old Vision rims to the new ones. (I had TPMS installed at the same time.)

Sadly the Vision rims from the 1997 went to the scrap yard.

The 4 2017 OEM tires/rims off my new truck replaced the old set of 16" tires/rims that were in storage from my old 1997 truck (and were sold with the 1997 truck)

Egads! I can't seem to ever get rid of anything. [emoticon]

- Mark0.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

So I've been shopping tires and pretty much had my mind set on these Toyo Open Country A/T III tires.

[image]

I have been both impressed and very pleased with the winter performance of my current Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tires so I'm going with another set.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

And I'm going to mount them on these shinny wheels that say Chevrolet on them.

[image]

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you haven’t already pulled the trigger, also take a look at Toyo M655 which are 3 Peak rated. Yes, I have 19.5s, but I was shocked how well they ride while being agressive and high speed rated.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/21 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

If you haven’t already pulled the trigger, also take a look at Toyo M655 which are 3 Peak rated. Yes, I have 19.5s, but I was shocked how well they ride while being agressive and high speed rated.

Thanks Jim but they don't come in the size I want.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 18" tire question - ANOTHER UPDATE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.