|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Mirada Select Steering

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
CC38EL

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/21 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also recommend the alignment and the check out of the SafTSteer.

Also, your tire pressures seem high for your 22k chassis. I would also recommend weighing your coach so you know your axle weights under load.

You may find that you can lower your tire pressure to still carry the load safely, but also more comfortably. Here's the load inflation table from Michelin for your tires. I think you have the same chassis as I do.

https://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/

Jim
2019 Coachmen Mirada Select 37LS

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steering stabilizers if not correctly positioned will cause the very same issue, even a quarter inch can produce constant drifting to whatever side happens to be off. They can and do come off calibration as well if they are not torqued to specs, this happens frequently since it takes a few attempts to get them dialed in at time of installation.

Many instances steering stabilizers are adjusted by tech alongside roadway or parking lot and they don't always get them torqued properly. Other suggestions above are truly valid as well, but with a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer that is where I would start as it is common issue, they work great when properly dialed in.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my 2012 it was all over the road. The previous owner did every possible suspension upgrade there is! What I found was the toe was out 3/8”. I did a tape measure alignment and brought it in to 3/16” toe in. Dramatic improvement. The other was to lower the tire pressure. They were at 95 when I got it. They are now set at 86psi and the MH drives and handles incredible!

Now with that said it’s possible the steering stabilizer wasn’t installed correctly and it’s not centered resulting in the slight drift you are experiencing?

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Mirada Select Steering
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.