RV.Net Open Roads Forum: We had to go to Kalispell....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> We had to go to Kalispell....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/21 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh for a self driving RV!

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was just in Montana for business a few weeks back. I couldn't find a Marriott or Hilton property for less than $350/night, and that was with advanced reservations. People coming in without reservations were paying over $500/night for a Fairfield (if there was a room available).

Supply and demand, as well as lack of available employees, at work. (The hotels were limiting capacity due to lack of staff).

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

mockturtle

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/21 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

(The hotels were limiting capacity due to lack of staff)

Kinda like hospitals now.

2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/21 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A very successful friend in retail always says you can tell the price is right if the buyer is cursing the price while reaching for their wallet. It appears the park's rate was spot on.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/21 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

A very successful friend in retail always says you can tell the price is right if the buyer is cursing the price while reaching for their wallet. It appears the park's rate was spot on.

No. I reserved and paid because I had no choice! I tried to find a lower rate near Kalispell, and there just were not any sites available. Keep in mind the park was nearly half empty! That, in itself, tells us what others thought of the rates and the park. I quite likely could have found a site at a better rate anywhere from 10 to 30 miles from town, but for that time such a distance was not acceptable.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first rule in business: Charge too much and you won't make money, charge too little and you won't make money. The best rate to charge is the one that maximizes profit. Unless this campground is full when all others in the area are full he needs to adjust accordingly or learn the hard way.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

The first rule in business: Charge too much and you won't make money, charge too little and you won't make money. The best rate to charge is the one that maximizes profit. Unless this campground is full when all others in the area are full he needs to adjust accordingly or learn the hard way.

My sentiments, exactly!

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

While there is a sweet spot. "Chick Filet" Capacity does not equate to success. Ruth Chris does not want to set their prices such that they have a line wrapping around the building like a McDonalds.
There are profit margins. Capacity alone does not = profitablity.
You can be just as profitable at 50% capacity as you can with 100% capacity if your rates are set at a profitable level.
Low rates are not necessarily the key to success/profitabilty.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I was just in Montana for business a few weeks back. I couldn't find a Marriott or Hilton property for less than $350/night, and that was with advanced reservations. People coming in without reservations were paying over $500/night for a Fairfield (if there was a room available).

Supply and demand, as well as lack of available employees, at work. (The hotels were limiting capacity due to lack of staff).

Montana State Fair shot the rates up in Bozeman a few weeks ago.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

In this case the OP is comparing rates to others in different location(s) that weren't suitable to his needs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> We had to go to Kalispell....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.