RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Do you believe this? 2022 Chevy 3500 HD dually

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Do you believe this? 2022 Chevy 3500 HD dually

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jimh425

Western MT

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/17/21 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

I have a Kenworth dually that fits in a parking stall with a 18,000lbs payload.

Why couldn't a GMC have 6838lbs ? (Not 6800 or 6900, but exactly 6838...)


All due to the game the manufacturers play with an artificial GVWR. The payload is GVWR - truck weight.

My 2010 F450 has a 14500 GVWR and the years since that time is 14000 GVWR. I don’t believe there is any way the capability is less for a 2021, and I know my truck can easily handle 14500.

It would be nice for the truck manufacturers to agree to all raise the GVWR at once.


'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 08/17/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

54suds wrote:

specta wrote:

[image]

This 2021 GMC 3500 regular cab with the 6.6L gas has a payload rating of 7442 lbs.

If I were to buy a new truck today this is what I would buy.


"I had one" traded as fast as I could for another double cab . In the standard cab they short changed quality on all sorts of things


[image]

I love my regular cab. I wouldn't own a extended or crew cab truck.


Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.


mkirsch

Rochester, NY

Senior Member

Joined: 04/09/2004

View Profile



Posted: 08/17/21 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wo.ody wrote:

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silvera........+Payload&styleOne=421114&styleTwo=421114

Capabilities says Max payload 6838 lbs. WOW! Surely that's a mistake.


There are too many agencies and internet do-gooders out there that would let them get away with it if it were a lie. GM would be in court strung up by their toenails if it were a lie.

I have no doubt the truck would easily carry 6838lbs even if the ratings don't pencil out. The tires are up for it. The axle is up for it. Only thing you have to worry about is the springs, and how you are going to get 6838lbs in the bed without bending it.


Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2015

View Profile


Online
Posted: 08/17/21 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:


All due to the game the manufacturers play with an artificial GVWR. The payload is GVWR - truck weight.

My 2010 F450 has a 14500 GVWR and the years since that time is 14000 GVWR. I don’t believe there is any way the capability is less for a 2021, and I know my truck can easily handle 14500.

It would be nice for the truck manufacturers to agree to all raise the GVWR at once.


it is not the manufacturer who wants to cheat on GVWR, it is the customer who doesn't want to pay higher fees and sometimes run into licensing issues.





S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/17/21 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supercharged111 wrote:

So the curb weight of a brand new crew cab long bed diesel dually 4x4 is 7200#? I'll believe that when me shjt turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

https://youtu.be/1xbLO5bB0Tk


My 2019 CC SRW 8' bed LT trim with snow plow prep was 8250lbs with 3200 on the rear when delivered with full fuel and driver, they must have went on a diet.

zb39

slippery rock

Senior Member

Joined: 10/26/2009

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/18/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the comparison and got 7671lbs with a 2 wheel drive gas standard cab. Not a truck I want but someone might. It prob also doesn't include options.


2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

ticki2

NH

Senior Member

Joined: 07/09/2008

View Profile



Posted: 08/18/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S Davis wrote:

Supercharged111 wrote:

So the curb weight of a brand new crew cab long bed diesel dually 4x4 is 7200#? I'll believe that when me shjt turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

https://youtu.be/1xbLO5bB0Tk


My 2019 CC SRW 8' bed LT trim with snow plow prep was 8250lbs with 3200 on the rear when delivered with full fuel and driver, they must have went on a diet.


That would be over5000# on the front axle , doesn’t seem right . Did you have a plow on ?


'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/21 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:


That would be over5000# on the front axle , doesn’t seem right . Did you have a plow on ?


5k giver take is the unladen weight on the front of pretty much every diesel pickup for years.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/21 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

S Davis wrote:

Supercharged111 wrote:

So the curb weight of a brand new crew cab long bed diesel dually 4x4 is 7200#? I'll believe that when me shjt turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

https://youtu.be/1xbLO5bB0Tk


My 2019 CC SRW 8' bed LT trim with snow plow prep was 8250lbs with 3200 on the rear when delivered with full fuel and driver, they must have went on a diet.


That would be over5000# on the front axle , doesn’t seem right . Did you have a plow on ?


No plow, straight from the dealer to DOT scale, 5050lbs front and 3200 on rear axle. Mine is a diesel as I believe that is what we are talking about.

* This post was edited 08/18/21 12:47pm by S Davis *

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 08/18/21 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"My 2019 CC SRW 8' bed LT trim with snow plow prep was 8250lbs with 3200 on the rear when delivered with full fuel and driver, they must have went on a diet."

"No plow, straight from the dealer to DOT scale, 5050lbs rear and 3200 on front axle. Mine is a diesel as I believe that is what we are talking about."

So which one is it?? [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Do you believe this? 2022 Chevy 3500 HD dually
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.