RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Air Filters For Your Trucks

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Air Filters For Your Trucks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
noteven

Turtle Island

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2011

View Profile



Posted: 08/22/21 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im thinking of installing toilet paper cartridge by pass filters now tp supply is restored in stores near you.

ShinerBock

LVTX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 08/23/21 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Fleetgaurd oil filters are still made in the USA and I can try to get my Fleetgaurd rep from Cummins cooperate on this thread to prove it."

Would you like to make a friendly wager??? I said "FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched" I should have said 5.9/6.7 FleetGuard StrataPore oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched.

You made a blanket statement and so did I but you know what I was referring to. So please prove me wrong.

So you are saying apples and oranges, I am talking quality here as to why I buy what I buy. Simply no comparison with the NAPA/WIX. You should know how important it is to have the BEST filtration for your fuel with the cost of injectors in our modern cummins trucks.

HAPA Gold does NOT compare to StrataPore or NanoNet Fuel filtration plain and simple.

The StrataPore for our trucks has been made in Mexico for at least a couple years now. Now have your friend tell you so and report back please.


Nope, the media may be made elsewhere, but the rolls of media gets shipped to US to make the filters.

No need to lecture me about filtration. As a person who worked in the filtration department at Cummins, I learned more in a year than you likely will in a lifetime. I know the importance of filtration, however, many place too much importance on things like branding and just reagitate their favorite brands marketing BS they were sold on. When it comes down to it, just changing your oil at a proper time is way more important than getting a filter that collects just a few microns more.

You will likely never keep your truck long enough to even notice the difference it "might" make in longevity. There have been hundreds if not thousands of heavy duty Cummins diesels go millions of miles using plain old conventional media filters. In regards to medium duty engines like our Cummins, there have been many 5.9's and 6.7's that have gone over half a million miles on regular conventional "poor quality" media oil filters.

Also, in regards to the fuel tilters you pictured above. Ironic how to "low quality" Napa filter looks exactly like the standard media Fleetgaurd filter in the video below of a Fleetgaurd rep presenting the two. Hmmm, I wonder where Napa gets that filter?

Fleetguard Protection for Cummins Powered RAM Trucks

* This post was last edited 08/23/21 07:35am by ShinerBock *   View edit history


2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry you are WRONG. the FleetGuard Stratapore filter for 6.7 Cummins is MADE IN MEXICO, says so right on it.

I don't need a lecture from you that's for sure as you are the one commenting on my post.

Like I said PROVE ME WRONG. Remember you were first to offer a wager.

Guess I will stop my my local MotorTruck take a pic and post it for you.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile



Posted: 08/23/21 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I said "FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched"


Ram trucks are made in Mexico. LOL.

Yet, Cummins12V98 hasn't switched.

* This post was edited 08/23/21 12:14pm by Devo the dog *


The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui (La fiat wee-wee), I understand why.
The only thing more incompetent than Ram is Bye-don and his supporters.

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I said "FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched"


Ram trucks are made in Mexico. LOL.

Yet, Cummins12V98 hasn't switched.

And which Truck is now 100% USA; enlighten us


2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie


rhagfo

Portland, OR

Senior Member

Joined: 07/06/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 01:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched.

Totally get there are only so many battery manufacturers. They do make batteries to the spec people want so batteries can be different.

The MOPAR FleetGuard air filter has changed numbers and is improved to meet the 19 and newer specs.

To give you a comparison of filters my friend had someone change his 13 RAM Fuel filters. When I went to remove the engine mounted filter I no way could pull it out by hand. I had to pry it out. The filters were NAPA and a side by side comparison can tell you the FleetGuard/MOPAR filter has more filter media.

Things may be made by the same company but the quality can be different!

No comparison between the filters. NAPA/WIX and MOPAR/FleetGuard

[image]
[image]
[image]


Ron, why change, so the filters are now made in Mexico, so is the entire truck. Heck the OEM shocks on our 2001 we’re made In Brazil and made it to 255,000 miles.


Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"


Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile



Posted: 08/23/21 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I said "FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched"


Ram trucks are made in Mexico. LOL.

Yet, Cummins12V98 hasn't switched.

enlighten us

I'm just pointing out that the bully is two faced.

If made is the USA was a big deal to him, he'd dump "el velocidad de Mexico y FCA" and not drive a truck.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to see ya back Devo!
Must be that time of month again for ya, eh?


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I said "FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched"


Ram trucks are made in Mexico. LOL.

Yet, Cummins12V98 hasn't switched.

And which Truck is now 100% USA; enlighten us


Fords PowerStroke is made in Mexico.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/21 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhagfo wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

FleetGuard oil filters are not made in USA any longer so that is another reason I switched.

Totally get there are only so many battery manufacturers. They do make batteries to the spec people want so batteries can be different.

The MOPAR FleetGuard air filter has changed numbers and is improved to meet the 19 and newer specs.

To give you a comparison of filters my friend had someone change his 13 RAM Fuel filters. When I went to remove the engine mounted filter I no way could pull it out by hand. I had to pry it out. The filters were NAPA and a side by side comparison can tell you the FleetGuard/MOPAR filter has more filter media.

Things may be made by the same company but the quality can be different!

No comparison between the filters. NAPA/WIX and MOPAR/FleetGuard

[image]
[image]
[image]


Ron, why change, so the filters are now made in Mexico, so is the entire truck. Heck the OEM shocks on our 2001 we’re made In Brazil and made it to 255,000 miles.


Because the Donaldson-AMZ/OIL filters better and are US Made.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Air Filters For Your Trucks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.