RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Nc hauler and ricatic

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Nc hauler and ricatic

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

NC (Jim) and I became friends as he had a RAM Truck and bought a Mobile Suites that we had plenty of phone calls about. We had plans to meetup in TX some time but unfortunately never happened. Super nice guy!!!


Same here , talked about meeting in Montana . He also became pretty acquainted with mowermech , I believe that's his name on there . He lives in Montana . Unfortunately he became ill, and those plans never came about .

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

blt2ski wrote:

If ricatic is whom I'm recalling, he caused enough issues to get the perverbial ban stick of deodorant! Then again, my memory is not what it was....

Had not hear about nc. I do recall posts etc he seemed like a good guy.

Marty


Wasn’t he the guy that the HPFP grenade on his 6.7 Powerstroke years ago ? Then went on a crusade against Ford , when they didn’t honor the warranty. I may have him mixed up with someone else .
Yep, that was him.
Yes that was Ric.

He and I used to get into some very boisterous debates over his Ford and my Chevy.
That ended when Ford did him wrong. I took no pleasure in that, and posted as much on the forum. As much as these spirited debates are entertaining, I have always realized that we are all subject to the policies that these huge corporations can impose on us... It makes little difference as to which brand we favor, we can all be crushed like a bug at any time.

After that debacle, Ric and I became friends, even talking on the phone a few times. He ended up buying a used Chevy LBZ to replace his Ford. He is a good guy.
I haven't heard from him in quite a while. I hope he is doing well.


Did he get banned on here as blt2ski suggested . I know he was pretty adamant about going after ford anyway he could . Of course it was futile !!!!

BenK

SF BayArea

Senior Member

Joined: 04/18/2002

View Profile



Posted: 08/24/21 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

snip....
Yes that was Ric.

He and I used to get into some very boisterous debates over his Ford and my Chevy.
That ended when Ford did him wrong. I took no pleasure in that, and posted as much on the forum. As much as these spirited debates are entertaining, I have always realized that we are all subject to the policies that these huge corporations can impose on us... It makes little difference as to which brand we favor, we can all be crushed like a bug at any time.
snip....


Learned a ton reading those threads, as am not a diesel person. Fun for me to noodle stuff like that...design/inventive/physics

There was another guy who got tossed/banned from the forum..."news" something or other.

Lost his contact info, as we went off line discussing some potential patents that might have improved that CP4...


-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

Moderator

Joined: 03/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was thinking of news___ as BenK mentioned that was getting ornry. Reality now that I've been reminded who ricatic is.....not positive. I have a way of looking it up. In a ferry line, once on ferry to cross Puget sound I'll like. Ask cars are loading

Marty

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

NC (Jim) and I became friends as he had a RAM Truck and bought a Mobile Suites that we had plenty of phone calls about. We had plans to meetup in TX some time but unfortunately never happened. Super nice guy!!!


Same here , talked about meeting in Montana . He also became pretty acquainted with mowermech , I believe that's his name on there . He lives in Montana . Unfortunately he became ill, and those plans never came about .


Yup, we had discussed getting together.. then He had his stroke, then his wife had hip issues and things calmed down a bit then he passed.. ... what a shame... he was a great guy...


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

Moderator

Joined: 03/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't find info on either. As my member search can only go back a year....

Both were probably good peeps. Jim was for sure.

Marty

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

Can't find info on either. As my member search can only go back a year....

Both were probably good peeps. Jim was for sure.

Marty


Jim was for sure !!!!

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

Senior Member

Joined: 09/26/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/24/21 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

NC (Jim) and I became friends as he had a RAM Truck and bought a Mobile Suites that we had plenty of phone calls about. We had plans to meetup in TX some time but unfortunately never happened. Super nice guy!!!


Same here , talked about meeting in Montana . He also became pretty acquainted with mowermech , I believe that's his name on there . He lives in Montana . Unfortunately he became ill, and those plans never came about .


Yup, we had discussed getting together.. then He had his stroke, then his wife had hip issues and things calmed down a bit then he passed.. ... what a shame... he was a great guy...


NC also had a mud slide destroy a new toy hauler that he had just bought to start traveling, and ended up with the MS the Ron talked about. Jim was a great guy and we PM'e a lot back and forth.


2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it!


nohurry

Orting, Wa

Senior Member

Joined: 01/10/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/27/21 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had my own theories about ricatic at the time. He altered his truck/fuel system (I won’t get into it), then Ford denied his warranty.

No matter how you view his situation, his crusade trying to divert anyone from buying a Ford became extremely tiresome.


Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 08/29/21 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the trouble with us retired folks, father time catches up with us. As for Ricatic I can understand having issues with Ford. I went through something similar with GM after being a many generations GM owner. Regardless of what brand if you have a bad experience (or several) with a brand your not going to be enamored with their products.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Nc hauler and ricatic
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.