|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
vtraudt

Brighton, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

The pump, showing hose connections (both male),

That is what I could envision also. Male/Male (garden hose adapter from pump ???? thread to garden hose male thread) on pump.
Discharge (fill hose) existing fresh water garden hose.
Short suction (garden-) hose to stick into tote?

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/21 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The water bladder, when empty, takes up FAR less space than any tote. Lighter too. You see it folded up under the pump in the "kit" photo. As well as filling the fresh water tank in a single trip to the faucet.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

TUCQUALA

Kennewick, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

get a "turkey oil pump" to use in your water jug. Only 15-20 $$ and uses D batteries, pumps fairly quickly. Easy to store!!

https://www.amazon.com/CHARD-FOP-23-Draining-Outdoor-Fryers/dp/B00HCC2L6A/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=deep+fryer+oil+pump&qid=1629739434&sr=8-2

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

vtraudt

Brighton, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

Lighter too. You see it folded up under the pump in the "kit" photo.

How do you drag a full bladder from well to camp site?
That is where 'tote' (=wheels) come into play.

Question is if/how to make suitable connection from pump to tote using external (self suck) pump.
Will test 'throw in' fountain (submersible) pump this week. May run a while (no real rush), but very simple/cheap.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vtraudt wrote:

ktmrfs wrote:

we dry camp a lot and often need more water. Solution:

1) install a second water pump in the pass through plumbed to the fresh water inlet with a long extension and dip tube on the inlet side and a power switch

Not clear about 'pass through plumbed to fresh water inlet': where is this 'pass through' running to/from? Where do I find it?

Or are you saying tap (T or Y) into the filler line and run a 2nd pump, discharge INTO the filler line and run long suction hose from the 2nd pump out/down to reach the 7 gal?

to clarify. yes, the output of the second water pump is T'd into the fresh water fill pipe and yes then a long suction hose attached to a stainless steel "dip tube" that I stick in the vent side of the blue fresh water tank.

If you don't want to or can't T into the fresh water inlet, you can run the pump outlet through a flexible outlet hose and stuff it into the fresh water inlet of the trailer as well.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

My boondocking water kit. Throw the tote in the truck and go. Has everything except the hoses, that live in the TT anyway. The blue thing is the 45 gallon potable water bladder.

[image]

The pump, showing hose connections (both male), switch, and fuse. I have an SAE connector on there because I have an SAE supply on the trailer, and battery cables with an SAE connector. I can power the pump either way.

[image]

Neither large, nor heavy. To me, at least

the 45 gallon bladder is certainly a good solution if it's easy to fill at the campground, less space and easier to do than jugs, but Many campgrounds we go to the fresh water source (a) isn't really accesible with a truck with a bladder in it, and (b) no threads on the water spigot so you need a "water thief" and a LONG hose. So that' why we use the 7 gallon jugs.

vtraudt

Brighton, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

vtraudt wrote:

ktmrfs wrote:

to clarify. yes, the output of the second water pump is T'd into the fresh water fill pipe and yes then a long suction hose attached to a stainless steel "dip tube" that I stick in the vent side of the blue fresh water tank.

If you don't want to or can't T into the fresh water inlet, you can run the pump outlet through a flexible outlet hose and stuff it into the fresh water inlet of the trailer as well.

Next time I check the plumbing (primary pump, fill line, etc), I will determine if
a) fix install 2nd pump with plumbed tie in, electrical switch, somehow make 'suction' hose connection (plumbed; protection connector for long removable (so it can be stored clean) suction hose to tote
b) all portable solution (pump wired with electrical quick connect to 'port' on trailer; garden hose connectors on pump; suction hose to tote (stick in or threaded), 'fill' hose into fresh water fill.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never seems to gather any traction or commentary, but a wakeboat ballast bag and pump is a literally plug n play option with a 12V cig plug and a long extension cord on the pump.
Can get bags or package deals with pumps in many different sizes and shapes of bags. Alot of times can get a good price on a package deal on a generic size bag and pump combo that aren't the latest and greatest.

* This post was edited 08/23/21 12:40pm by Grit dog *

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vtraudt wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

Lighter too. You see it folded up under the pump in the "kit" photo.

How do you drag a full bladder from well to camp site?
That is where 'tote' (=wheels) come into play.

A full 45 gallon bladder would weigh 375 lbs, I'm not sure that there are any wheels are going to help with that unless you've got a paved surface with no inclines - it's almost certainly going to sit in the back of the tow vehicle.

Even the pictured 10 gallon wheeled tote is going to weigh over 80 lbs, so it's going to be hard to move it very far by hand unless you're on flat pavement.

vtraudt

Brighton, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rlw999 wrote:

Even the pictured 10 gallon wheeled tote is going to weigh over 80 lbs, so it's going to be hard to move it very far by hand unless you're on flat pavement.

10 gal is easy to roll (yes, certainly flat, gravel/paved).
Bladder in car to get water is not a desired option for ME, rather go twice with 7 gal jug (mine has wheels, works well) or the 10 gal 'tote' on wheels (strap to back of trailer or under floor for storage).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.