|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vax Passports

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of CDC’s from different countries.

Canadian CDC COVID info.

Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

relaxin

Fenwick, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shum02 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

shum02 wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

noteven wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

Unlike British Columbia and Quebec, Ontario for some reason is reluctant to issue vaccine passports and appears to be waiting for federal government action. This probably won't happen during the midst of a federal election.[emoticon]

HERE is a link to a site that allows you to print out your vaccination status. It's the only option right now for Ontario. It pales in comparison to the official document and/or mobile phone app approach used in BC and QC.

Why do you want another goverment issued scanable "passport"

What is wrong with producing a physical record of your status to the person at the door?

It prints on a 8-1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper. Problems:
1. Cumbersome to carry (especially for a male)
2. Easily forged.

I guess I'm hoping (wishfully thinking?) for an official government document that can't be replicated. Why not? We have driver's licenses, provincial health insurance cards, etc. Covid is probably gonna be around for a long time, so IMHO, governments need to act ASAP.

We will get them, they are coming. Doug see's the writing on the wall but is trying to keep his head down during the Federal Election.

It's weird but depending on where I go I have to show government ID to prove I'm old enough to have a beer. Nobody complains about that except those under the age of majority.

You have to have an ID for every thing in the world . EXCEPT voting.

Canada required ID or some kind of proof of citizenship. It's pretty easy here to have ID.

I would have to agree, every time I vote (federally or provincially I have to show picture ID, and they cross reference it with the voting list right in front of me. only an idiot would be against not requiring ID for voting, that just exponentially encourages fraud.

back to this post, you need ID when you drive so whats the big deal?

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a Cougar 26rls, canoe, camera & fishing rod, 1998 GMC crew cab 6.5 litre deisel.
just me and my sexy little cougar in our cougar

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is what the province of BC will require after Sept 13/21. Every province is different some have them, and some don’t, so homework is required before you travel when it comes to Covid / travel restrictions, and the best place to get that information is from the official gov’t websites, in my opinion.
Scroll down in the link I provided and it showed what international travellers will require, pretty easy I would say.
Theses British Columbia “passports” are to be used between Sept 13, 2021, and January 31, 2022, but there could extend their use if things don’t change for the good..
Proof of Shot passport

Stay safe everyone
Soup.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for BC, hope they do the same here in Alberta.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Sidehillsoup

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

riah

ny

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

The vaccinated are much less likely to catch covid. So if everyone is vaxxed those with compromised immune systems are much safer.

Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.

Which is why we should continue to mask up especially indoors in public spaces!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/21 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.
This statement seems to imply the risk is equal if you are vaccinated or not.... and I understand that is false.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/21 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The whole worlds gone mad

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/21 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

This statement seems to imply the risk is equal if you are vaccinated or not.... and I understand that is false.

Catch? Yes, but the difference between how it impacts vax’d and un vax’d people is HUGE.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/21 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm perfectly fine with presenting proof of vaccination when entering Canada. There is a great restaurant in Windsor that I have always loved and still visit when staying in the Downriver area of Michigan.

I certainly don't want to get full blown Covid just like I don't want to get Shingles, Polio, Tetanus, or a myriad of other preventable diseases I've been vaccinated for. I feel lucky to live in such a time that we can act quickly against something as deadly as Covid can be.

And it is true that vaccinated people can still shed the virus - so that is why I wear a mask in public - masks are for everyone else's protection as well as my own. But even if I do catch it, I'm way less fearful that it could lead to my death.

Advances in medicine should be celebrated - not feared.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Vax Passports
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.