RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Air Bag issue

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Air Bag issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a huge problem I had a rear air bag fail to inflate and hold air, I ordered new rear bags but they won't be shipped now until Sept. 30th and my rig is broke down in South Dakota and I am in Colorado, so far the place I was at in SD has let me keep it there till the parts come in well they were suppose to be here today (**** Covid). Is there any way to inflate the bag and keep it that way so I can bring it home? Or am I screwed. If not I have to drive up there and winterize it too.


2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not just call a local Firestone shop and see what they have available?

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Why not just call a local Firestone shop and see what they have available?


There is a nationwide shortage.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since you did not list the make or model/year its impossible to help you. If the bag will not hold air, no you can not inflate it. You do not have to get it ready for winter yet. I assume you check or had it checked and the bag was the issue, not a valve or air line/connector.

wolfe10

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2000

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have no idea what part is leaking.

Is it the actual air bag itself? Unusual at that young age unless damaged by road hazard, etc.

The air fitting to it?

The ride height valve?

Other?

* This post was edited 08/25/21 03:44pm by wolfe10 *


Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Bikeboy57

Inverness, FL

Senior Member

Joined: 08/09/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is indeed an airbag, you can raise the coach with a bottle jack, and make wood inserts to put into the suspension. The weight should go across the grain. Use treated lumber. Disconnect and plug the airline to the height control valve. If the coach has a tag, it will need support also. It will ride like a wagon, it will get you out of SD.


Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/25/21 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

See our large selection of New & Used RVs at ColawRV.com

Try these people big company


Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/26/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

Since you did not list the make or model/year its impossible to help you. If the bag will not hold air, no you can not inflate it. You do not have to get it ready for winter yet. I assume you check or had it checked and the bag was the issue, not a valve or air line/connector.

It's in the sig
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/26/21 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crawford wrote:

See our large selection of New & Used RVs at ColawRV.com

Try these people big company


No air bags

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/26/21 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bikeboy57 wrote:

If it is indeed an airbag, you can raise the coach with a bottle jack, and make wood inserts to put into the suspension. The weight should go across the grain. Use treated lumber. Disconnect and plug the airline to the height control valve. If the coach has a tag, it will need support also. It will ride like a wagon, it will get you out of SD.


Have you actually done this?? There is no height control valve that I am aware of.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Air Bag issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.