|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lounge Chair / Recliner for a relaxing nap

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought the chairs I bought with the fold-up tray and glass holder was a great choice, but I now find I've been wrong about this... something about taking a relaxing nap in the shade under the awning really appeals to me, and so, with the multitude of choices out there, I'm hoping those with experience will chime in to advise brand, style, durability issues and more, and guide me to an affordable, dependable, and durable choice.

Any takers?

Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t know what brand they are but my wife loves her gravity lounge chair , with attached pullout side table. It folds upend fits in the side storage compartment on the tt.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for the zero gravity loungers for taking a nap under the awning, DW purchased the XL padded versions with side tables and adjustable canopies, very sturdy I think she got them from one of the tv shopping networks.

Mfan

Otsego,Mi

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zero gravity are dangerous. They make me fall asleep whenever I sit in mine. No chores can be accomplished with it around

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mfan wrote:

Zero gravity are dangerous. They make me fall asleep whenever I sit in mine. No chores can be accomplished with it around

LOL. I was just thinking the same thing. I might sleep through the whole planned trip.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The main thing to look for is the locking mechanism. Some are notched and some are friction. Our current ones of which are SummerWinds on the label are pretty reliable. They have a slight notch in the locking mechanism. Had them for 3 years and they're still working good.
Couldn't tell you where we got them. Guessing Walmart or maybe our local all in one store Bi Mart.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried the zero gravity chairs and really hated them. I would try one out before spending the money on it to be sure you like it.

For me, for casual sitting I like my Coleman camping chairs

They don't have poles, etc, in awkward places. The cooler part works great to hold my kindle and glasses handy.

For relaxing, I have one of these butterfly chairs

It has a higher back than the colemans so I can rest my head. Mine has a sherpa cushion so it is really nice in cooler temps.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I'd have to agree with not liking the zero gravity chairs. Had several and hated them all. But I've never been fond of recliners so that could be part of the problem. A regular ol' folding camp chair works for me.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one of the 0 gravity chairs that I bought from Bass Pro a few years ago.

I also have 4 hard armed Northwest territories bag chairs chairs I bought from K-mart before the one from Bass Pro that I bought for only $17 each. They too are great chairs but were discontinued by K-mart before they bankrupted.

I bought the bag chairs because you can grip the arms when getting in an out of them to sit and push to stand up. I had 2 chairs before that similar to the ones with the attached table but they did not have a table. My dad kept falling over backwards in them. He could only sit in them if he a tree to his back. The bag chairs were very stable. He never fell over again. I also use one of the bag chairs at home when I sit outside and grill.

The hard arm bag chairs are similar to this one, but have a taller back.

Hard arm bag chair.

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/21 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I vote for zero gravity reclining chairs. It's almost impossible to not doze off within 5 minutes. The only draw back is that they are big and harder to store.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lounge Chair / Recliner for a relaxing nap
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.