|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Just got back from Hawaii

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Healeyman

Carrollton, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 50th State visited. Most of them multiple times.

Except for a day trip to the Arizona Memorial, we spent a week on Kauai, the northern most and "greenest = vegetation" island.

Great place to visit. Not crowded and little traffic. Almost all of the rent-cars are Jeeps or Mustang Convertibles. We had a Jeep. We visited some of the "out-of-the-way" beaches and the 4-WD Jeep was helpful, maybe even necessary. We would not have attempted taking a Mustang there.

Well... One more Bucket-List item checked off.

Tim

* This post was edited 08/29/21 02:28pm by Healeyman *

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We call it a "to do list". Bucket list is too depressing. Loved Hawaii when we visited. Glad you were able to tick one more thing off.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

FunTwoDrv

NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations!

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just read the story of an idiot who went, with his family, to Hawaii. he brought with him a full set of Vaccination records.. Including cards for his kids who were too young to get the Vaccine. 4 counts of Fraud, 5 grand a count plus prison time and then since the Vaccine card is a FEDERAL documents he's got to answer to the Feds after that.... I suspect his "Vacation" will be...er... extended.

Glad to hear you 1: Did not do that and 2: Made it back home safely.. Clearly you enjoyed it.

I have an Uncle who, before he retired, used to go to Hawaii (Also Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California) all the time.. But he had a reason for that.. He was a "Big Wheel" as the fake beatitude says (Blessed are they who go in circles for they shall be called big wheels) Ship's Captain.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/21 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm -- let's keep the information as accurate as possible; the federal government does not issue vaccine cards; the federal crime is issuing or using any document which has an identity logo on it from any federal agency without such document coming from the federal agency itself. As yet, the federal government has not prosecuted anyone with a fake vaccine card using a federal logo. All this from the PEW Institute. All penalties for the fake cards have been assessed by various states.

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you charlestonsouthern! While most websites are very efficient ways of providing valuable information it is important the information be accurate.

One of our biggest challenges is watching for information that is not only inaccurate but may be dangerous to the health and well being of the members. We encourage members making posts take time to be sure what they are posting is accurate; even if it takes some time to research the topic prior to posting. Also providing links to legitimate sources is very helpful.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/21 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well if nothing else, these people trying to circumvent Hawaii's Covid-19 entry protocols are good for laughs. The Florida family with vaccine cards for their toddlers and now a 24 year old woman from Illinois who received the "MADERNA" vaccine. The story regarding the Illinois woman included a photo of her card. Try as she might, it was obvious the entire card was completed by her own hand. [emoticon]

darkmind25

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I miss Hawaii! I miss the food and their beautiful beaches.

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/21 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a two week trip planned for the last two weeks of Sept. and pulled the plug on it. Between the uptick in Covid and all the recent jack-assery on flights we decided instead to book a two week cruise for Sept of 2022 roundtrip out of LA. We will be in AZ then so no flying and hopefully a year from now things will be more back to normal. Besides, next year is my wife's 55th birthday and our 5th anniversary so it made more sense.

* This post was edited 09/09/21 07:16am by Alex and Tee *

Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you! I'm glad to know you enjoyed your trip. And thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking about taking my wife to Hawaii on our 7th anniversary next year. This year we celebrated the beginning of our relationship (we found each other via houston personals) on Lake Tahoe. Beautiful place, we'll definitely return there.

* This post was edited 09/09/21 08:45am by Cristian123 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Just got back from Hawaii
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.