|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Just got back from Hawaii

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

wa8yxm -- let's keep the information as accurate as possible; the federal government does not issue vaccine cards; the federal crime is issuing or using any document which has an identity logo on it from any federal agency without such document coming from the federal agency itself. As yet, the federal government has not prosecuted anyone with a fake vaccine card using a federal logo. All this from the PEW Institute. All penalties for the fake cards have been assessed by various states.

Interesting. Being a curious, cynical, often sarcastic type, I went to look at my "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" and found both the DHHS and CDC logos on the top right corner.
On the back of the card, lower left corner is the date: 09/03/20. On the lower right corner is the form number: MLS-319813_r
I wonder who printed and distributed the cards?
So, being the type previously described, of course I googled it. Apparently, it IS a CDC form! I have no idea why the DHHS logo is on it. Joint effort, perhaps?

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/21 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech -- No, no. There is nothing wrong with being curious and a little cynical. My corrections above were regarding the general public. Now, correct me if I am wrong; did you get your vaccinations on a federal facility run by the Department of Defense (DOD)? It seems that the DOD requested the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health under "Warp Speed" to provide Covid-19 kits (which included instructions, the vaccine, and a vaccine card NUMBERED FORM) to be administered by qualified federal contractors, employees, or military on federal facilities or bases. I'm not good at "links" but if you input in Google "form MLS-319813-r Covid-19 CNN" you will see a picture of your card and an explanation.

We are retired military, Air Force, and could have gotten our vaccines at the pharmacy on Charleston AFB and received a card like yours. But we were downtown on the Charleston peninsula for a few days and checked in at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and were able to get our vaccines there for convenience; our cards have a MUSC logo on them. Yes, The DOD working closely with the CDC and US Department of Health is a special situation. I would think if you were ever questioned as to the authenticity of your card, just whip out your DOD or military identification and that would settle the issue.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got my vaccinations at a vaccination clinic run by the hospital where my wife works, a purely civilian non-profit hospital. In fact, it states right on the record line that the vaccinations (both of them) were administered at "St. Vincent's Healthcare, Mansfield Clinic".
When (if) the "booster" becomes available, it will probably be administered at the same place.
No Federal, DOD, or VA were (or will be) involved.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/21 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To return to the OP: Hawaii.
I spent a couple years there, at SChofield Barracks. I would not mind going back, as long as I didn't have to spend more than one hour on Oahu. I did manage to spend some time on The Big Island, Hilo and Kona (Kona Steak House was great back then). I would like to visit the other islands.
Back then (early to mid 1960s), Oahu was a little racist, and very down on military personnel. I have no desire to return.
No problem, I refuse to fly, and I get seasick, so I'm not going anyway.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/21 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech, based on what you revealed with respect to St. Vincent's, read the following from the CDC updated September 1, 2021 under Vaccination Card and Your Second Shot." ( I'll apply emphasis using all caps.)

"CDC does not maintain vaccination records or determine how vaccination records are used, and CDC DOES NOT PROVIDE THE CDC-LABELED WHITE COVID-19 VACCINATION RECORD TO PEOPLE. THESE CARDS ARE DISTRIBUTED TO VACCINE PROVIDERS BY STATE HEALTH DEPARTMENTS."

Two questions -- Can we safely assume the blank CDC form is MLS-319813-r and is what is sent to the state health departments for distribution to vaccine providers, such as St. Vincent's? Personally, I think so; you've proved it.

Second question, why didn't I get the same completed card? It must be that the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is a very large state agency and wanted to use their own printed document form. It seems that each state has flexibility to decide which form to use.

By the way, thanks for your information.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/21 02:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always enjoyed my many visits to Hawaii on my frequent flights to and from Hong Kong, Singapore and San Francisco during the 70s and 80s as a civilian helicopter pilot flying in Asia.

Always flew the great Pan Am 747s and 707s.I also enjoyed a one month R&R in Hawaii during my Army medevac pilot service in Vietnam and Tokyo Japan in 1970. Happy Trails and good fishing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Just got back from Hawaii
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.