RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: New truck and TC.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New truck and TC.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Camp woof

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/21 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 2019 cummins 3500 dually, factory air, and bigfoot 10.4. Im a fulltimer and somehow loaded up to almost 14k pounds. I dont notice the air, i notice the shocks seem very overwhelmed on bumpy dirt roads when crawling along at 5mph. Careful, factory air will only take so much weight before it spits out a warning message, and im not sure what the computer will do at that point.

Pete_k

Stantonville Tn

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 02:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camp woof wrote:

I have 2019 cummins 3500 dually, factory air, and bigfoot 10.4. Im a fulltimer and somehow loaded up to almost 14k pounds. I dont notice the air, i notice the shocks seem very overwhelmed on bumpy dirt roads when crawling along at 5mph. Careful, factory air will only take so much weight before it spits out a warning message, and im not sure what the computer will do at that point.

Thanks for the info.

Truck was ordered yesterday Sept 13th. Sure glad that is over, would rather have a root canal then mess with truck dealer. Funny part the one I went with. Had only been though emails until the deal was final. Then talked on the phone.
Now figure by spring time the truck should be here. No rush, as gives us more time to find the right camper. Plus if I'm in no rush the truck may get in a rush. Will be taking a trip to get the truck when its in. Also first time to buy a days ride from home. But local dealers all want full MSRP for even an ordered unit.

I did go with the a factory 50 gallon fuel tank. Standard Cummins and Trans. Almost loaded Big Horn in White. I did not get the spray in bed liner. Last 3 trucks, waited until I was ready to sell. Then new Bed spray in bed liner. So far never an issue with just a bed mat.

* This post was edited 09/14/21 11:39am by Pete_k *

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never did bedliner on my F350.
Even camper rub some paint on front wall at one time, I just got rattle can and touched it up. Factory bed mat is excelent.
Had root canal done last week.
Less than 1 hr in & out. The doctor work on me for about 1/2 hr and it was all painless
Still remember over 4 hr on the chair for previous root canal, when dentist still had film x-rays.

Pete_k

Stantonville Tn

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

I never did bedliner on my F350.
Even camper rub some paint on front wall at one time, I just got rattle can and touched it up. Factory bed mat is excelent.
Had root canal done last week.
Less than 1 hr in & out. The doctor work on me for about 1/2 hr and it was all painless
Still remember over 4 hr on the chair for previous root canal, when dentist still had film x-rays.

Our Dentists still use the film. Old man is about to retire. His son and his wife is taking over. There changing a lot of old stuff to new. So we may get the good stuff by the time I'm dead and gone.
Last Root Canal for me was only 45 minutes. Had 2 in my life, and ever been much to them. But then again I have had 3 filling done without any shots or anything. So pain is not bad for me 99% of the time. Unless its at a dealers lot.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New truck and TC.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.