RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Thousand Trails Camping Pass?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Thousand Trails Camping Pass?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mountainkowboy

Socal/NE Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/21 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just got back into a Moho and now that we're both retired it's time to start traveling. Will be doing a BLM pass for sure. Does anyone have a camping pass from TT? How do you like it, or dislike it. We had RPI 15 years ago and it really wasn't very good IMO.


Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP


Acampingwewillgo

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 11/15/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/21 10:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey guys......good to see you back!
TT, especially in Oregon and Washington, is great. While we haven't been to the Washington Parks, I always hear good things about them. The Oregon Parks on the coast particularly Whalers Rest, Seaside and I like Pacific City too.....are all nice.

All I can say is we have been Happy with Thousand Trails for over 10-15 years now. Good luck with your new adventures!
Dwight


96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/02/21 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a TT membership but alas am no longer using it.
Now... When I got it an for many years after I liked it. This is the basic TT membeship 2 weeks in one out. only TT Parks (Not TT-Atlantic) and most of the parks had very nice managers who were doing a fantastic job with far too few resources (They are improving the parks but it's going slow) ... The only "Complaint" is most parks are old and old parks tend to be a bit anemic electrically. but they are working on that too.

However two of the park I visited most got new managers one of whom is "neutral" (I neither like nor dislike) and another of which.. Well ... I don't like.. Part of this is personal (Should not bother you)

If you want I can get you the campresale@aol.com has memberships for resale.

Not sure of her phone number


Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times


dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/02/21 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mountainkowboy wrote:

Will be doing a BLM pass for sure.


What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



mountainkowboy

Socal/NE Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/02/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

mountainkowboy wrote:

Will be doing a BLM pass for sure.


What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?


I was told last time we were in Quartzite that you can buy a 9 month pass, rather than paying as you go.

mountainkowboy

Socal/NE Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/02/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

Hey guys......good to see you back!
TT, especially in Oregon and Washington, is great. While we haven't been to the Washington Parks, I always hear good things about them. The Oregon Parks on the coast particularly Whalers Rest, Seaside and I like Pacific City too.....are all nice.

All I can say is we have been Happy with Thousand Trails for over 10-15 years now. Good luck with your new adventures!
Dwight


Won't really be able to "get out" till after the first of the year....but we're soooooo ready

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/02/21 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mountainkowboy wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

mountainkowboy wrote:

Will be doing a BLM pass for sure.


What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?


I was told last time we were in Quartzite that you can buy a 9 month pass, rather than paying as you go.


Now I'm even more confused. Pay to camp on BLM land?

I've never paid and don't know who I would pay. I pull off the road, find a spot, hum a few bars of Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" and camp for free.

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

Full Member

Joined: 05/19/2021

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/02/21 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a free 1 year membership that we got with our MH purchase and it came with the upgrade to stay in the Encore parks. Our first visit will be to an Encore park in Punta Gorda, FL 9/25-10/3. Will report back.


Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

mountainkowboy

Socal/NE Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/03/21 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

mountainkowboy wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

mountainkowboy wrote:

Will be doing a BLM pass for sure.


What's a BLM pass?

We camp on BLM land in California all the time and I've never heard of a pass. Is this a regional thing? Or are we scofflaws?


I was told last time we were in Quartzite that you can buy a 9 month pass, rather than paying as you go.


Now I'm even more confused. Pay to camp on BLM land?

I've never paid and don't know who I would pay. I pull off the road, find a spot, hum a few bars of Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" and camp for free.


Maybe I misunderstood, but not all BLM land is free to camp on.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Thousand Trails Camping Pass?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.