|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2022 HD trucks delivery date

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 12:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife has asked the same question: "Why can't WE make the chips here in the USA instead of relying on China?"

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/21 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bowti wrote:

OK, 3 pages now and no one that ordered a new 2022 HD truck has received it. Not even those who ordered one last March, that's 6 months ago. Hard to believe this country is in this kind of shape.

SDcampowneroperator ordered a GM HD and has received his. Vehicles are allocated to all dealers. You must be sure that the dealer will be placing your order against their allocation.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For people that want chips made in the US - some are, look at Intel in OR, AZ and other states. The auto manufacturers have tried other chips but have had major failures. It's not that easy to just "make" the chips somewhere else. I am sure that many manufacturers are looking for other sources of chips and some could be US, but the volume that they get makes it difficult to get in the US. US environmental regulations have reduced the number of companies that can make chips, circuit boards, and other electronics in the US - also competition from Chinese facilities has made it difficult. With the US minimum wage going up, it will make it even harder to source low cost products in the US. Also, realize that most of these chips are designed in the US but production is in China or elsewhere. So, the companies that make these have facilities all over the world. Really the issue is COVID. Once we can get past this, things could get back to normal, or a new normal... When will trucks hit $100K? $200K?

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

MSRP on highest was $79,285.00... signed for it at $ 71,000.00

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..

Thanks . Ya its a Ford Lariat , he knew about the adaptive cruise , and canceled it .

* This post was edited 09/07/21 03:06pm by cummins2014 *

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/21 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

My wife has asked the same question: "Why can't WE make the chips here in the USA instead of relying on China?"

We can and should!!! Same with prescription drugs.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..

Thanks . Ya its a Ford Lariat , he knew about the adaptive cruise , and canceled it .

Adaptive cruise or Adaptive steering? Either way I would want both but I guess if it makes a difference between getting a truck or not you have to make a choice.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/21 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

Adaptive cruise or Adaptive steering? Either way I would want both but I guess if it makes a difference between getting a truck or not you have to make a choice.

It's adaptive Steering that is holding the up.... They are on indefinite HOLD

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/21 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

I have driven a 21 Ford with the adaptive steering, I can live without that , to me its actually annoying. As far as adaptive cruise goes, its okay, but in traffic I don't use cruise much , so I would have to have more experience with it to know if I would like it . Losing both those options wouldn't bother me . I would assume both can be shut off ?? Its kinda like the horn honking when you lock your vehicle as you walk away, I have mine shut off, so all I see is the lights flashing if I do happen to use it .

* This post was edited 09/08/21 07:22am by cummins2014 *

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/21 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

I have driven a 21 Ford with the adaptive steering, I can live without that , to me its actually annoying. As far as adaptive cruise goes, its okay, but in traffic I don't use cruise much , so I would have to have more experience with it to know if I would like it . Losing both those options wouldn't bother me . I would assume both can be shut off ?? Its kinda like the horn honking when you lock your vehicle as you walk away, I have mine shut off, so all I see is the lights flashing if I do happen to use it .

How is adaptive steering annoying?

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/21 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travlingman wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

How is adaptive steering annoying?

Unless I am mistaken ,adaptive steering is a vibrating steering wheel when wandering out of your lane , correct , unless you have your turn signal on ??? I didn't like the vibration or shaking or whatever it was doing if that's adaptive steering . I assume you have it , and like it ???. I would probably enable it if that's possible, or may be I would get used to it, if I had it. At this point I wouldn't order it ,can't miss what I never had .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2022 HD trucks delivery date
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.