|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5er accidents

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well, I am going to chime in after reading through the majority. We are Arizona residents, drive I-17 quite a bit, to and from we see a bunch, a lot, and may I say too many people driving way to fast especially coming down the hills. We have seen a few over the years, mostly near the bottom as they "almost" made it. must have been going to fast and were tangled up with themselves on the side of the road or all over the road. Now I might add, we were recently in an accident in South Lake Tahoe, while we were in the fast lane, about 30mph, the lady that hit us came from the side merge lane, crossed it crossed the slow lane, T boned at an angle the front right of our truck, then I zigged into the center lane, then zagged across all lanes, with the final zig onto the curb / gutter / sidewalk. All was done in a few seconds and scarred the you know what out of us. Everyone was fine, just a lot of damage. Thankfully no-one was hurt, but a lot of inconvenience, cost, time loss etc. That happened on July 1, 2021 and we may have truck back next week, trailer will be probably another month. so for what it is worth, not all accident are the cause of the Fiver Drivers like us, but we have to be ready, prepared, and always cautious of what is happening behind, up ahead and along side of us. And we do the speed limit or less. Let the others go on and get there or not. Have a great day! ! ! Be Safe ! ! !

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/21 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Yes, but to do it right it must have a complete delete, so it pours out the Black as Coal Smoke when goosed.

If I did that, I'd paint the nose grey and my plates would read BIG BOY and I'd have 4014 painted on the sides. :-)

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 63 Year Member

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5er accidents
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.