|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 400 mile electric RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Per free radical, “I always wondered how come comunist China is so sucesful when India next door with same population and primitive third world conditions,”

In 1971 China was a Nixon-Kissinger societal re-engineering project for the U.S…Kissinger ostensibly went to Bangladesh to check on relief efforts due to extreme flooding and war, but due to administration fears of an eventual US China nuclear confrontation, Kissinger covertly crossed the border into China to introduce the CCP to the benefits of modernization and capitalism…At this time India’s stall-worth ally and reliable patron was the stodgy USSR…Make no mistake, China’s transition into becoming a first world powerhouse was made wholly possible by the US…Nixon’s worrisome assumption was that a modernized China would help prevent nuclear confrontation…

3 tons

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Uh-oh, It seems Tesla’s Musk is guilty of political ‘Wrong-think’ so Tesla’s will miss out on a new $4500 taxpayer subsidy…

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a37807088/elon-musk-says-biden-white-house-controlled-by-unions/

3 tons

Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/21 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

Wifey drives MBZ S430, lots of metal surrounds my bride. She wants an all wheel/4 WD now,
Tesla has 4wd, excellent traction control, and better crash safety ratings.
For a few thousand miles per year.... range and charging should not be an issue.
Could be lower cost than an S430 too.

Same carbon parity question....at what mileage point does the Tesla become green?

Then divide that mileage answer by 3500 miles and we have the number of years before Tesla is green for wifey. The answers seem to be in the 10+ year window.

We really don't know what will happen in the next 10 years. For perspective, 10 years ago Obama was prez, the Dow was 11,000ish, the 2012 Tesla Model S MSRP range was $57k-$105k and MBZ's S500 MSRP was $94k.

The Dow is now flirting with 34,000ish, the 2022 Tesla Model S MSRP range is $90k-$150k and MBZ's S500 MSRP is $110k.

And for USA GHG comparison....

[image]

https://rhg.com/research/preliminary-us-emissions-2020/

Predicting what will happen in the future is all hocus pocus.

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/21 01:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! Said “Same carbon parity question....at what mileage point does the Tesla become green?”

Except to the extent one can have their neighbors help subsidize their EV purchase, I seriously doubt that claimed ‘carbon parity’ would be on their radar - lol [emoticon]

3 tons

Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/21 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons,

When I am informed by well meaning people that I should replace my ICEV with a BEV, and do it right now to save the planet.

I say OK, what yardstick should I use to measure the degree I am saving the planet? Elites tell us it is all about the reduction of the planet's GHG Emissions.

I say OK, to compare the many BEVs in the marketplace, what is the breakeven/carbon parity (in miles) for said BEVs? And all I hear is the sound of Jiminy Crickets.

If reducing GHG Emissions is NOT the goal (selecting a BEV that reaches carbon parity the soonest), then what is? Hmmmm....could it be all about money (power)?

Government Subsidy games remind me of the old Robin Hood philosophy (redistribution of wealth). Except, the diminishment of wealth falls on those who can not afford to buy BEVs.

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no problem whatsoever with BEV’s as a consumer alternative to ICE’s, but to the extent that Politicians have found a way to effectuate public policy, pick marketplace winners and losers via subsidies and codify strong-arm edicts absent any ‘real independent’ scientific assessments (who would independently fund such?), it bears the appearance of power accumulation (“do as you’re told, nothing to see here”) and it’s this that should concern every thinking person (skeptical of popular ‘narratives’)…Understand that almost any modern new ICE automobile is very nearly an actual zero pollution vehicle with only some occasional minor exceptions (like transiting up-hill on-ramps), and there’s no solid evidence whatsoever that BEV’s achieve a lower net footprint…Thus (regarding a multitude of current issues) we must acknowledge our captivity in this now ‘Post-Truth’ era…JMHO

3 tons

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/21 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

I have no problem whatsoever with BEV’s as a consumer alternative to ICE’s, but to the extent that Politicians have found a way to effectuate public policy, pick marketplace winners and losers via subsidies and codify strong-arm edicts absent any ‘real independent’ scientific assessments (who would independently fund such?), it bears the appearance of power accumulation (“do as you’re told, nothing to see here”) and it’s this that should concern every thinking person (skeptical of popular ‘narratives’)…Understand that almost any modern new ICE automobile is very nearly an actual zero pollution vehicle with only some occasional minor exceptions (like transiting up-hill on-ramps), and there’s no solid evidence whatsoever that BEV’s achieve a lower net footprint…Thus (regarding a multitude of current issues) we must acknowledge our captivity in this now ‘Post-Truth’ era…JMHO

3 tons

Yep, too much freedom and not enough control, our government hates that. The population has been gaslighted for years and now just follow along like lemmings.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

Understand that almost any modern new ICE automobile is very nearly an actual zero pollution vehicle with only some occasional minor exceptions (like transiting up-hill on-ramps), and there’s no solid evidence whatsoever that BEV’s achieve a lower net footprint…Thus (regarding a multitude of current issues) we must acknowledge our captivity in this now ‘Post-Truth’ era…JMHO

3 tons

No offence but thats the most idiotic load of nonsense ever.

Lock yourself in garage w ICE engine runnin,
Ill do the same w EV,will see whos more poluting.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

China announced they are building three thousand new coal generating plants and will begin to reduce the total number starting in 2030.

The newspaper in Wu VICTORY RED FLAG is openly sold in Mexico and is an official Chinese CCP organ. I know the person who read it to me verbatim. Do you know China is facing a critical power shortage in Manchuria? It is so serious the Chinese government is trying to divert attention from it and turn the focus on Taiwan. Hundreds of thousands of workers are idled and some large cities are experiencing blackouts. The native lignite coal is of such low BTU that boilers are operating at 30% capacity. There are no large rivers to feed a nuclear plant.

Did you know that Taiwan is republic of China?
Always was always will be,just like HK .Google it.

US military posturing and CIA intereference wont change anything.
Rest of the world is watching including Chinas friend Russia.

Whatever problems China has Im sure theyll fix it.
Worry about your own financialy broke country.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/21 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

Uh-oh, It seems Tesla’s Musk is guilty of political ‘Wrong-think’ so Tesla’s will miss out on a new $4500 taxpayer subsidy…

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a37807088/elon-musk-says-biden-white-house-controlled-by-unions/

3 tons

Tesla is in such huge demand that even w record numbers of cars built this Q it still has many customers waiting.

If big 3 cant see where the future is,they wont have any.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 400 mile electric RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.