|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV parts shortages

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

getting ready to hunt down a heater core for my Monaco Windsor, 1998. Best one I have encountered is the step motor. $300+ at dealer and $45 from Auto Zone. And its like that for everything. If you can find out who made it you can usually find it and usually cheaper.

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Odds are you can find a hundred or more here in teh USA under a different name and number Two true stories.
Car I had was made with an expermental part. The part was good but had one issue that was easily fixed. The standard part was also good. for about a day (Ouch) I got real good at replacing it.

Finally I got to a warehouseman who knew where the good one came from and they pointed me to a DIFFERENT make of car that used the exact same part. I mean the very same part.. Two of them later and a bit of machinging on one and it lasted for years.

My RV microwave (A Dometic made by LG) LG products let's just say I've never been happy with 'em... I replaced one part with the same part but from GE.. Two very tiny differences.. worked for 16 years.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well after 1 day looking I have found one outfit that claims to have my heater core. $276.00. Monaco part number is E56407 and all suggestions will be considered.

jodeb720

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My former neighbor from LA (who was a longshoreman - he just passed) as telling me last month that there is an acute shortage of people willing to work on the docks. They make bank (like 120k annually working on the docs).

He was telling me last month that the owners of the docks were offering cash incentives to work triple shifts just to clear out the back log of ships, sitting offshore of Long Beach, CA.

Doug is spot on with the inability to move the containers off the ships and onto either rail or truck.

Oh that's another story. The trucking industry is also struggling to find drivers. Many of the young people who are thinking of going into the business see automation replacing drivers in the future, and don't want to get into an industry where automation will replace them in the future.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV parts shortages
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.