RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: West Coast Jamboree 2022, Who is Interested?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> West Coast Jamboree 2022, Who is Interested?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

greenno wrote:

Filled out the form and Im in also. Beautiful area up there. Used to go to Mt. Shasta when I was a kid.

Great to have you onboard!

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a quick update... We have seven campers plus my own that are in the definite or near definite camp of going. With just what we have now it will be a fun crowd but I suspect and hope we will pick some more in the months to come. Looking forward to seeing you all!

adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well... A bit of a complication. The Fawn fire set by an arsonist near Redding burned right through my property today. This video here is of a tanker dropping retardant on the property to the south of mine. The flames you see would have been coming from my property.

https://fb.watch/8cGjA-iF3W/

I spoke to a neighbor this evening, he said it burned pretty hot through the area. Thankfully, my property had been cleared of most of the low brush but there was a good amount of grass on it. He felt the Oak trees probably survived and I'm hoping some of the larger Pines did as well but no telling for now. He said he might try to go take a look tomorrow and give me a report on what he sees.

I had no structures on the property so no loss that won't repair with time. I did have a renter on the property but he boogied out with his trailer before hand thankfully. He did have two cars and tools he left behind but neighbor said the fire department soaked the cars with water and thinks they made it through.

As far as the rally is concerned... assuming the trees survived, I don't see this changing plans for the Jamboree. A little bit of rain and by Spring it hopefully will be nice and green again. If all of the trees got scorched, then I will have to think of a plan B perhaps.

weedrancher

Marysville, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/21 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scary stuff! I have a brother that lives in that area. He doesn't know for sure if he's lost his house but it doesn't look good. Looking at the fire map, the fire crossed Old Oregon Trail and burned though his property.

2002 Dodge Cummins 4X4,2004 Lance 920,, Airlift suspension, Roadmaster anti-sway bar, TorkLift tie downs, Fastguns, StableLoads

I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. This is as social as I get.

Exact Mass

Vista, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm going to think positive. I signed up and expect to be there.

2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
2004 Lance Lite 835
2016 Arctic Fox 22G

adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/21 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey everyone, just a quick update... I have not been able to get up to the property myself yet but my parents where able to go and take a look. They said all things considering, that it wasn't too bad. Most of the trees looks to have survived. What did burn was mostly already dead or under brush that needed to be eliminated anyway. With a bit of good rain, things should green up again quite nicely in time for our event. Probably won't know entirely how many of the trees will bounce back but I will stay optimistic and hope for the best.

So, for now we will keep our fingers crossed and plan on our Jamboree being a go! I will continue to post updates should anything change in the future.

adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/22 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, another update... So the good news is, the property looks to have survived well enough. Still not certain what trees will come back but right now with all the rain it looks beautiful. So... What I need to know is at this point, how many people are still a solid committed to go? If you are still in for sure, please post and let me know.

As a reminder, this is a casual 3 day, 2 night meetup. We might on Friday whenever you show up, hangout Saturday and leave on Sunday.

One thing I am considering doing is going to the Chappie - Shasta OHV area about 10 miles from Redding on Sunday after things wrap up. I am involved in a vintage ATV group and looking at trying to meet others for a ride. It might just be me with my 36 year Honda Odyssey FL350 or a handful of others. Anyone attending the Jamboree would be more then welcome to bring their toys and join us (vintage ATV not required). If you are interested in participating in this part on Sunday, please let me know.

https://www.blm.gov/visit/chappie-shasta

[image]

[image]

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/22 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’re still in [emoticon] !!

3 tons

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/22 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are still in.......

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

RickW

Sacramento CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/22 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still a go for us.

Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4
04 Sunlite SB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> West Coast Jamboree 2022, Who is Interested?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.