RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Remembering my best physical condition

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Remembering my best physical condition

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
oliviaolivv0101

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was in my 20's I worked as a roofing applicator too

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/21 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am pretty lucky. I worked fairly hard all of my life and retired at 70, now I am 77. I am not as agile or strong as I once was but still able to do about what I want to. Last weekend, I cleaned all the eves troughs on our house, got up on the gable of the house and did a little work on the TV antenna, and then put up my outside Xmas lights. I was pretty tired and sore when I was done but I was able to do it and was fine the next morning. I feel very fortunate to be this way at my age, unfortunately my wife is not so lucky but I still have her after 59 years! [emoticon]

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/21 01:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Summer before Sophomore year of high school, was a competitive swimmer with lots of muscle and 5% body fat. Was consuming over 5k calories a day and burning it right off. Developed sports induced asthma and couldn't swim or practice but it takes a long time for your appetite to catch up to your slower outgoing calories. I took up hiking and mountaineering as a way to burn calories without the intense cardio load of swimming. Over the next few summers I did highest in east, highest in western us, grand canyon through hike, and a 127 mile 7 day hike in the Alps. Today I'm in my 40s and try to get out hiking and kayaking as much as I can including 8-10 Boyscout campouts a year plus a week at summer camp most years. I bounce between overweight and obese but all of my vitals are great and I can still keep up with the kids most of the time so I don't sweat it too much =)

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

loralli23

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/21 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am still young and only 23 years old. I try to keep my body in shape all the time because I like to feel confident and beautiful. It will also have a good effect on me when I will be older. Of course, now I have a lot of studying and sometimes I don't even have time to prepare food. My parents also ride bikes or run from time to time and I'm so proud of them!

* This post was last edited 12/20/21 06:49am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/21 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My best physical shape was in my mid thirties. Things slowly started slipping after that. 74 now and it seems to get worse every year as far as health goes.

liamricci

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/22 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't remember my best physical condition. Feels like it was a in a different life now. Just yesterday i received my big order from online pharmacy with all the meds for arthritis, headaches and back pain. Those good years are gone pretty quickly.

* This post was edited 01/10/22 02:45pm by liamricci *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Remembering my best physical condition
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.