|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Onan’s New Inverter Based Generators - Mike Mas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Regretfully, since you don’t own one of these newer generators, so you’re speaking “off the cuff” without any real "User" experience. In retrospect, I had both my old coach (standard set) and new coach (new protocol) in my garage for 3 months parked side by side for comparison of the generators."

It is very hard for me to believe that Cummins made major improvements to their quiet diesel generators and you are the only person that they told about it. I have been searching for news releases or reviews about these improvements and the only news that I can find from Cummins is about the new gas generators.

Idle-Up

Ga

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies - Regretfully instead of this thread being friendly and educational so we can all learn from each other to further enjoy our RV’s, a few users have instead chosen two attack it and my credentials. For those who think I just dreamed up this topic, as a hobby, I spend 8+ hours a day designing lithium systems for their integration to RV’s. I designed the very first lithium system for RV’s in the late 90’s. Since then, I have provided consulting information to numerous RV manufactures, as well as industry leaders such as Lithionics Battery, Xantrex Corp, E-Gen and others. In Fact, I’m presently designing the first 100 volt lithium battery system for my Renegade. This system will provide up to a week of “off the grid time”with the roof A/C running. Other unique features include; the RV’s cab A/C compressor is converted to electric and powered by the coaches same lithium system allowing the dash air to run even with the engine off. This is big news for RV’s since the cabs AC unit outputs 19k btu.

In fact, I just returned from a trip to Elkhart and Decatur visiting with technicians of 12 different RV manufactures for a “Show & Tell” of my Renegades latest lithium design where the entire coach and appliances are powered solely from lithium allowing the roof AC to run for two days or longer. While I’m presently documenting this newer system for an upcoming video, for those interested in a more conventional lithium system for their RV, I have included some links below of a few systems I designed. You might have to copy and paste the links!

Stay Safe - Mike

[image]

* This post was edited 09/22/21 04:27pm by an administrator/moderator *

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/21 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Idle-Up wrote:

Thanks for the replies - Regretfully instead of this thread being friendly and educational so we can all learn from each other to further enjoy our RV’s, a few users have instead chosen two attack it and my credentials.

Mike,
This one took a turn only when YOU refused to listen and learn from many others who tried to correct your erroneous information. Instead of acknowledging someone else may actually know what they were talking about you decided to belittle them instead. Those are the "credentials" we all witnessed. Nothing more, nothing less - you have reaped what you have sown.

This is 100% on you. But nice try at a deflection - didn't work.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

oldave

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Until Mike's buddy informed him he was indeed full of B.S. he was adamant that none of us had inverter generators, then he switched to " I noticed an immediate change from his 2019 and his new rig. " I have never seen anyone stand by a mixed-up opinion in the face of overwhelming proof like that. WOW
He still won't acknowledge he was wrong.

SSki

Chandler, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/21 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the Cummins handbook. 1996 - Introduction of first variable speed inverter- based generator. I guess that's why my 1997 Luxor had a QD7500 Inverter generator. [emoticon]

https://mart.cummins.com/imagelibrary/data/assetfiles/0056746.pdf

hohenwald48

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, looking at the link posted above by SSki, I see Onan states on page 3,

"1996 Introduction of the FIRST variable speed inverter based generator"

I would think since Onan made the statement in their own product manual they would know what they're talking about. I sure wouldn't expect them to publish such a false claim for all these years.

The OP may or may not know what they are trying to say but I gotta' go with Onan on this one. Looks like Onan has had inverter based generators since 1996.

Maybe they've recently come out with some newer model inverter based generators but 1996 is still when they came out with the "FIRST" one. Only one can be first.

I'm also unsure how the OP's experience with lithium batteries makes him an expert on Onan generators. [emoticon]

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Onan’s New Inverter Based Generators - Mike Mas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.