|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canada ranks number 15 in the world for percentage of the population vaccinated, the US is number 43.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I discount the UAE, Uruguay, Chile AND China from the vaccination statistics, because their numbers are dubious at best.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

As of yesterday, 78.54% of Canadians 12 years of age + were fully vaccinated. That would put Canada in 3rd place today. Tomorrow? Perhaps 2nd place. Friday? Perhaps 2nd place, maybe 3rd. Canada has a vaccination increase of appx 1.05% per 7 day period, on average.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WebMD news brief: "Aug. 6, 2021 -- The U.S. will require nearly all foreign travelers to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus to enter the country" here-->

For the purposes of my previous post, I only consider "vaccination rates by country" to include countries using Covid vaccines approved by the FDA mandatory for incoming travelers to the USA. This means countries where Comirnaty, Spikevax and Ad26.COV2.S Jannsen were the primary vaccines given to their populations. I discount all countries from the Country vaccination rate statistic where their primary vaccine deployments were: AZ (and Covaxin), Sputnik 5 (and Light), Sinopharm, Sinovac, Abdala, COVIran Barakat, ZyCoV-D, CoviVac, Covidecia, and the other unapproved vaccines for all incoming travelers to the US.

Canada is unique, in that this country allows its citizens to opt for one of the approved US Covid vaccines IF a Canadian had been vaccinated with AstraZeneca (or, its India equivalent) at any time. For example, if a Canadian got their 1st vaccination with AstraZeneca, they could show up at any Canadian (Provincial) vaccination center, and request Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna) or Ad26.COV2.S (Jannsen) as their second booster. And, further to this, if a Canadian received one dose of AstraZ and say, a Moderna booster, the Canadian could request a THIRD vaccination with one of the US approved vaccines to qualify them to enter the USA.

Now, regardless what side of the fence everyone may be vis-a-vis "unapproved vaccines" and their actual efficacy, the mandatory approved vaccine law for visitors entering the US is the law.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

Almot in one of my searches a reporter made the comment that sources told him the part about Mexico. Could be a rumor but makes sense. Fir some reason the wh does not want to upset amlo.

Sounds like they are making a political decision rather than "following the science".

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who's has the smartest people with PHD's? USA, Canada, Israel, Britian, Mexico, China, Russia? Who do you believe and TRUST? If these PHD's work for a government,especially the ones with decades of bureaucratic experience, I would be leary. Covid policies is all over the place around the world and all over the place in the USA.

Who do I listen too? My doctor.

The FDA doesn't normally approve a vaccine until it has been tested for a minimum of 5 years. Sometimes longer. They know the Science by the time the drug is released to the public. The FDA changed the decades old Standards for the "Emergency" release. We have billions of guinea pigs for the Scientists to eventually learn the science.

My prediction is when we look back 5 years from now, we will have learned that none of our mitigation efforts be they lockdowns, travel restrictions, masks, vaccines stopped this virus.

We just destroyed lives, livelihoods, and freedoms"

We all want to believe things are getting better, more back to normal. I believe lives will be more restrictive in the USA or Canada. The government PHD's will discover the FUKU variant. It will evade the current vaccines. Borders will close and strict lockdowns will be imposed again.

When that comes, I will be right where I want to be in warm Mexico. Are you where you want to be when the lockdowns come?

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/21 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are thousands of PHD's in the US of which most work in private institutions.
You make it sound like all are government employees - they're not.

Secondly, it would be foolish to overlook the fact that science is progressing at a furious pace.
Adhering to old world process and procedures may be reassuring, but could be ignorant and mistaken.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

" There are thousands of PHD's in the US of which most work in private institutions." Very true, but arguing against the narrative invites ridicule and cancellation.
If you do some due diligence and investigate for yourself you'll hear from plenty of Physicians, PHD's, and experts in virology who disagree with the Covid and vaccination narrative. These folks have been effectively silenced by the media - which is indistinguishable from the government.
What is going on has very little to do with science.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....looks like my "Canadian election postponed opening of US land crossing for Canadians" hypothesis is dead. Land border remains tightly closed to non US nationals indefinitely.

On a new front, it has been widely reported in the press recently that a "new" White House air travel initiative is in the works for deployment sometime before November 21st. This will allow nationals from 33 countries (including China) to fly into the US for leisure travel. Also, it appears that the US will be loosening the restrictive allowed vaccine list for fully-vaccinated in-coming travelers from said countries, to include AstraZeneca and others....lets see how this goes.

Mexico News Daily: here-->

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Playaboy wrote:

The FDA doesn't normally approve a vaccine until it has been tested for a minimum of 5 years. Sometimes longer. They know the Science by the time the drug is released to the public. The FDA changed the decades old Standards for the "Emergency" release

...part of the difference was: "at-risk manufacturing"...... that the manufacturer of the various Covid vaccines could afford to take a risk ($billions in Government money was thrown at the research). The assumption was: manufacturers would scale up manufacturing almost before clinical trials were started (they barely even waited for Phase 3 to start) and (maybe!) no chance of approval LOL! Imagine? Because there was almost zero risk to the vaccine manufacturer. No vaccine manufacturer/pharma company would ever take a risk like that under normal "times".

Essentially, all the right, um, "stuff" happened to allow such a monumental and rapid approval, and scaled-up manufacture with stockpiles amassed way ahead of emergency approval.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/21 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vaccine developers and manufacturers have had protection from tort claims since the late 80's. https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/about/index.html

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.