|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like the US are moving to where Canada has been for several weeks now, i.e. open border, forget the "essential" like truck drivers etc, all travellers need to be vaccinated.

What happened to the epidemic, I wonder [emoticon]. Last week the "Delta curve was not where we want it", they said, and now - voila, it's there. The "man" has been saying all along to follow the science. Had they followed it, Canadians should've been allowed several weeks ago and Mexicans wouldn't be allowed until February - this is where their projected vaccination rate is supposed to reach 70%. We'll probably never know what has been delaying the border opening for the last few months and why it is now opening on both North and South.

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moisheh - yes, Skymed is the one I found that flies to "home hospital". Costs $400-600 a year depending on how long you live abroad. And - thanks to Silversand - I looked into their Covid regulations - they won't take you if you're tested positive.

You don't need a hospital if you're tested positive with no symptoms. In obscure Baja I will likely have symptoms first and then travel hundreds of miles to confirm it with the test but this is another question. What I would LOVE to do in this case - and you'd better consider it too - is the Regen-Cov shot to prevent hospitalization. In Canada they give it to "high risk groups" with mild to moderate symptoms, high risk being defined as age 50 and older regardless of health condition, or age 18 and older with heart problems, diabetes, obesity and other things.

US are more generous and give Regen-Cov to high-risk groups who have no symptoms but are either tested positive or tested negative but were exposed to confirmed infected person. Travel insurance probably won't cover me for this shot. The drug itself costs $2,000, plus the cost of administering it. I wouldn't mind paying for it in Mexico but nobody could tell me if it even exists there.

I'll pm you with more questions if you don't mind.

* This post was edited 10/13/21 05:22pm by Almot *

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/21 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almot. Pm is fine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.