|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oregon to charge 25% more for out of state RV campers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/21 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

Would Oregon campers be unhappy at paying extra for out of state camping?

They have to in ID.IDAHO,

USA — Idaho State Parks will double the price for out-of-state campers and visitors starting Thursday, June 10 to comply with a new state law.

House Bill 93 specifies an increase in fees for some of the state's busiest parks, including Bear Lake, Farragut, Hells Gate, Priest Lake and Round Lake. The new price for non-residents to enter the parks jumps to $14. For out of state campers, a basic campsite at those parks will cost $48 a night.

We ran into this a couple of weeks ago, at Farragut State Park.
Washington State Parks charges a $5 extra fee for out of state campers.
At Farragut, including taxes, fees and Reserve America's cut, a W/E site cost us $80 per night![emoticon]
I'm fine paying 25% extra but not 100% extra. IMHO, that just says "don't camp at our state parks because you're not welcome".
So we won't return to Idaho State Parks until they charge a more fair fee for out of staters.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

I would love for Wisconsin to start charging more for out of state campers. I don't think it would deter any of them from coming here. Raise out of state 25% and leave resident fees the same.
Half of the time we go into the parks near us on the weekend, we can't get a parking spot because the park is full of Illinois people. Raise their fees for entrance and camping. Use the extra money to build more campgrounds.
[emoticon] Raise WI state park rates for out of staters? I already avoid WI state parks; between the entrance fee and the camping fee, it's too high for me as it is. When I camp in WI it's at an inexpensive spot, like a municipal CG. Last time I visited a WI state park (Peninsula), I parked outside the entrance and bicycled through the gate for free. [emoticon]

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

I would love for Wisconsin to start charging more for out of state campers. I don't think it would deter any of them from coming here. Raise out of state 25% and leave resident fees the same.
Half of the time we go into the parks near us on the weekend, we can't get a parking spot because the park is full of Illinois people. Raise their fees for entrance and camping. Use the extra money to build more campgrounds.

We are the reason you have such a nice state, our tourist $$$$!
Without us you would see your taxes triple and watch your parks and highways suffer!

Your welcome! [emoticon]

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/21 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If a 25% increase meant an additional $5 or even $10 increase per night, it wouldn't necessarily be a difference maker to me. At some point, if it did make a difference, I'd decide at that point if it was worth it or not.

I personally don't have a problem with it. I will say I don't believe I've experienced that in state parks in Georgia, Florida, Alabama or South Carolina.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

souraider

Rogue Valley, OR

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That boils down to $5.00 to $8.00 a night extra. I can just about guarantee you'll make that back in the lack of a statewide sales tax. It won't bother me either way if it deters some people...we'll survive.

'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

ROBERTSUNRUS

Salem, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/21 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon] Hi, we go where we want to go and pay the price. I don't like California and Canada gas prices either, but that's not going to stop me from going there. Instead of letting the 25% charge get to you, just skip your Starbucks. [emoticon]

"> Bob ">
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

Would Oregon campers be unhappy at paying extra for out of state camping?

They have to in ID.IDAHO,

USA — Idaho State Parks will double the price for out-of-state campers and visitors starting Thursday, June 10 to comply with a new state law.

House Bill 93 specifies an increase in fees for some of the state's busiest parks, including Bear Lake, Farragut, Hells Gate, Priest Lake and Round Lake. The new price for non-residents to enter the parks jumps to $14. For out of state campers, a basic campsite at those parks will cost $48 a night.

And WASHINGTON and MONTANA. and likely quite a few other states. Not sure what all the fuss is about, many states charge more for out of state residents for state park campgrounds. Hasn't stopped us from camping in any of those state parks.

We find places we want to go and don't worry about campground fees.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:

[emoticon] Hi, we go where we want to go and pay the price. I don't like California and Canada gas prices either, but that's not going to stop me from going there. Instead of letting the 25% charge get to you, just skip your Starbucks. [emoticon]

[emoticon]

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

gee, the next thing will be that I am charged more for an out of state fishing license.
bumpy

Come to Washington state and you WILL be. Plain STUPID.

Any out of state I fish ,I pay more then a resident. What states charge the same for Non-residents ,I'm going there to fish.[emoticon]

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

fla-gypsy wrote:

Considering the current state of affairs in Oregon I will not be visiting

GOOD CALL!!!!!!!

+1 ! Perhaps it is to help finance the “Rebuild Portland” initiative! [emoticon] memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oregon to charge 25% more for out of state RV campers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.