RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class B - Camping Van Conversions: macerator stopped working

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> macerator stopped working

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Arvie1

burlington on

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/21 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello jjrbus,

Thanks for the link. It is definitely a great idea.

My valve handles seen to work easily when pulling and pushing back in, but do not seem to actually affect any change. I cannot separate the grey from the black and they empty simultaneously.

Each valve connects to a cable (similar to bicycle brakes)and I wonder if this is the source of the problem if there is too much slack or movement in the cable.

Thanks again for you input.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/21 02:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had that kind of thing happen on our trip to NY. One of the campgrounds had a honey wagon. He decided to try to vaccuum it out and it worked. We then filled it half way with water until the next campground and found it worked a lot better.

We did have to replace it due to some damage that happened later and found out that it had been wired incorrectly at the factory.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

Arvie1

burlington on

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello fullmooon,

I finally resorted to raising the van onto three layers of link levellers on the passenger side and got under the RT in my driveway.

With a 3.5 gallon bucket under the 3" ABS cleanout, I loosened the plug until the black tank started draining into the bucket. After many trips to empty the bucket down the toilet, the tanks were finally empty.

This past Tuesday, we finally had the macerator replaced. The gray slide valve however also had to be replaced as apparently the seal had dislodged some time ago and damaged the valve beyond repair. It was all internal as there was no leaking. The black valve cable was fixed, and now we are fully operational with the valves now working independently! Expensive, but good news.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/21 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arvie1,

Sounds like a nightmare. So sorry you had to go through that. I was reading somewhere where someone had the mascerator removed and another system put in. I am going to look into it in the spring.

I suspect that our tank valves are damaged too. Not looking forward to this reapair.

Arvie1

burlington on

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/21 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Fullmoon

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I just winterized the RT this week and wanted to check out the new macerator to see that it operated as it should, before I tucked her in for the winter.

As the tank had not been used since the new macerator was installed, I half filled both the black and grey tanks with water, and then tried it out. Wow...what a difference,like a fire hose now... and both valves worked as the should!! Costly repair, but definitely worth it.

I guess it's like worn brakes on your car....you don't realize how bad they were, until they are replaced!

After emptying the water from the sanitary tanks, running antifreeze throughout the entire plumbing system, including the macerator, I was a happy man!

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/21 02:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arvie1,

Happy to see that things are working for you. Can't wait till spring to get everything fixed and get on the road again.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> macerator stopped working
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.