RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Will Fed shutdown bar access to Nat Forests? Nat Parks?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Will Fed shutdown bar access to Nat Forests? Nat Parks?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 12:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Department of the Interior governs both the NPS and the BLM, the Dept. of Ag. governs USNF so there are a lot of entities involved. No clear answers will be available until the Congress makes a decision.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/21 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The party currently in power is the party most often in charge of large cities and urban areas. Rural areas tend to be marginalized when they are in power. And it is human nature that when you regain power, you use it to benefit those who got you there. If they shut down all but essential services, those rural folks will bear the brunt as being those other people.
Probably the best way to predict how this goes would be to look at what the prior administration did. It's many of the same ideologue's so their approach will likely be similar.
If I recall correctly many BLM areas were closed off, along with the parks and campgrounds.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/21 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrong again KH. During last shutdowns I had full access to BLM lands in Nevada and northern CAL for my boondocking camping to my favorite places. Except for a few of their developed campsites nothing may be closed as is impossible to do as anyone knows from their experience of accessing the western BLM with their thousands of main roads into and thru the BLM lands for use of ranchers, miners, farmers, homesteaders, etc. No gates and no patrolling rangers I have never seen in 10 years of camping there in remote areas. Shish.

Main gravel Roads are maintained by the county.

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has and hasn't in the past. Depends on that Forest’s manager.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You get what you vote for. I refuse to let politicians of any stripe determine how I live my life or determine when or where I go. Look up the definition of 'Federalism'.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's true BLM land would be just about impossible to close with exceptions of their semi developed camps.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/21 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One blogger I know who is a full-time RVer was staying a lengthy period of time on a camping site on a lake managed by the Corps of Engineers (COE) during the shutdown of campgrounds in 2020 because of the high infection rate of Covid at that time. The Corps did not make them leave when the Corps was asked if they could stay, and they were even allowed to extend their reservation. Full-timers had a bad time during that period because they live on the road, have no "sticks and bricks" home to go to, and the campgrounds were shutting down during that high infectious period.

wing_zealot

East of the Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

snip..... it is the usual "funding It would be difficult to shift blame in that case.

Your statement is just another one of McConnell's many double standards w no basis in reality. It's going to take 10 GOP senators to raise the debt ceiling - neither party can wash their hands of it should the .gov shutdown or default.
You are 100% wrong about that. The funding and the debt ceiling could have been attached to to the $3.5T reconciliation package currently pending and passed with only Dem votes. Nancy and Chucky decided against that cause they wanted Rep's to vote "for" it. All in all it's politics as usual, the good of the people doesn't come into play.

* This post was edited 09/28/21 06:23am by wing_zealot *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Will Fed shutdown bar access to Nat Forests? Nat Parks?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.